L510 Bugs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
I couldn't find a specific thread to 510 bugs. I didn't think the http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...5-new-software-updates-discussion-thread.html thread was appropriate as it's apparently about which boxes are getting what.

I've discovered one major bug that's apparently related to 510 as it just cropped up since receiving it on my 622. The problem is not present on my 722 which still has L449. (I've tried rebooting).

On 3 of my 4 HD LiL's, anything other than LIVE TV breaks-up (pixelates) and audio is interrupted with intermittent black screens. Behavior that would usually be associated with signal dropout but that's not the case.

Specifically the problematic channels are: 6383 (WFAA), 6384 (KTVT), 6385 (KXAS). This is obviously present on the down-mapped counterparts.

Interestingly, the problem does not exhist on one HD LiL, 6386 (KDFW), which is same sat, tp, and sb.

Is anyone else noticing this problem?

What's the email to dish quality?

I am waiting for the official release notes from Dish.

I have seen release notes posted elsewhere but I am told those are beta notes and not the official release notes so I will sit and wait for those ones. :)

Posting of release notes for a beta release would break any NDA.... As much of stickler for rules as BSTalk is, I'd say these are for the final release and not a beta.

On 3 of my 4 HD LiL's, anything other than LIVE TV breaks-up (pixelates) and audio is interrupted with intermittent black screens. Behavior that would usually be associated with signal dropout but that's not the case.

Specifically the problematic channels are: 6383 (WFAA), 6384 (KTVT), 6385 (KXAS). This is obviously present on the down-mapped counterparts.
Are these rec'd via antenna or satellite ? If antenna, contact the station's engineers as well as the contact address given for Dish. The station engineers will have "inside" contact information, i.e. direct access, to people who can do something.

Also, go to AVS and see if others with the same receivers are having the same problem and if so, get them to contact the same people. If just one person reports it, honestly it will go nowhere. If numerous do, it will get attention.

Ok here are the "blessed" official Dish 622/722 L510 release notes from Dish...

Integrate External Hard Disk Recordings into the 'My Recordings' screen

Display HHK (Archive) counters in release builds in Counters screen

Add support for new data dump remote

Add a button to allow the user to cancel/stop running Check Switch

Add Enable/Disable Screen for 908 Popup and Mode Reminder Screen Text Update

Modify the text in the Pop-up PU 349 and pop-up 311

Add New Regional Uplink Outage Popup

Reboot Fixes

DishCOMM Fixes

IPTV (DishONLINE) Fixes

after reading this i checked the abc local from B'ham which is always fine and bam, pixels breakout and sound cutouts
it's just like when bad weathers hitting and you start to lose a signal

it was fine until this update as i watched the game last night and it was PERFECT and this is not even in full HD right now. It's the boxed in HD , crap

edit>

WJSU is the one channel i was testing. I didn't see it really acting up on the tennis which is on right now on the other network but the ABC channel is really easy to spot the new issue

I put it on pip and ran the SD side by side with the HD and only the HD cuts out as i suspected
my 522 also is not acting up
just HD on my 622 and started with this firmware...##@#@!

Last edited:
It's always a good idea to reboot the receiver after a software update. Try that.
As stated in the OP (you just missed it).;)
...I've discovered one major bug that's apparently related to 510 as it just cropped up since receiving it on my 622. The problem is not present on my 722 which still has L449. (I've tried rebooting)...

Interestingly, the problem does not exhist on one HD LiL, 6386 (KDFW), which is same sat, tp, and sb.

Is anyone else noticing this problem?

I'll check this in an hour or so when I get home and confirm if I have the same issue with those same channels.

I will have to check both my 622 and 722 for the software version too of course.

I'll also check the OTA as well. Though, I did not notice this issue last night with OTA or SAT feeds. I suspect however that I still have L449.

I thought the problem cleared up but I just got some HD news on to check and "live" it's not bad but if I rewind it to play it is just totally f'ed up, unplayable in the buffer mode.

Recorded a segment to test and even though it was just 3 minutes long it actually played fine and I could FF back and forth and look for the image breakup but it seemed smooth
If it at least records fine I can live with it until this is sorted out but I always play my shows in a buffered state to avoid commercials :)

anyone else seeing this on the new firmware and only on true HD content on locals is where I see a problem

Same problem here in Sacramento. This same bug appeared about a year ago with one of te releases and was then rolled back. Anyone remember exactly which one that was?

S~

I'm having the same issue... it mainly seems to be when watching delayed through buffer as others stated before.

Rebooted.. weather is fine. Issue remains.

OTA does not appear to be affected, at least from what I have seen so far.

Some mod PLEASE change Cosmo_Kramer's message to:

dishquality AT echostar DOT com

so that the email address does not end up in all the SPAM lists due to web crawling bots.

On an individual level, users who post e-mail addresses on websites can use Address munging to make it harder to harvest. For example by changing "bob@example.domain" to "bob at example dot domain" to keep the address from being harvested by simple bots. Putting email addresses in images instead of plain text is another technique.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-mail_address_harvesting

We don't want it to make it harder to contact the dish quality team !

I just tried watching Shriek the Third I recorded a few days ago from HBOHD and it's unwatchable. Every few minutes the scene just jumps forward a few seconds, and occasionally the screen goes black for a few seconds. I hope this is fixed SOON.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)