L510 Bugs

I'm not making excuses for them. I'm just pointing out that they likely do have a QA group that, for some reason, isn't able to always get the job done. I agree that it's not acceptable.

Last edited:
I did not sign an NDA and I obviously am an unwilling beta tester. Aren't all Dish subscribers? If Dish really did beta testiing, they would not release such junk.

I think he means, they're not sending it out to any more boxes. Just holding where they are, until they fix it.

BTW, is this the group in the UK that is doing the programming of the ViP box releases?

Would be typical dish engineering though, to do design, programming and testing in an area where there is no ATSC and no LOS to dish satellites. :)

Well, I would say it was OK, when whole muxes generated by some encoders for ideal test conditions in UK; but you knew what happened when the 921 began using in US fields.

Am I the only one getting glitches on recordings other than satellite HD locals with this new firmware? I finally got around to watching my recordings from last Friday night, and Battlestar Galactica on SciFi HD had breakups, skipping, and blackouts, and Get Out on HDnet had skipping. But it wasn't loss of signal, because they only exhibited this behavior if I used the jump forward button to skip the titles and commercials. If I played them straight through from the beginning, they were fine. (On the other hand, I didn't see any weird playback behavior on Art Mann Presents from HDnet. And in the programs I had problems with, it only happened at certain spots, it wouldn't happen every time I used the skip button. But again, I did verify that there was an entirely intact program recorded, not a bad recording.)

FYI - I received a response from Dish QC. They verified that it is a software bug in the new release and they are working on a fix.

NightRyder

Can everyone specify what receiver they're having this issue (poor playback of HD-local channels) on, whether it's a 622 or 722 ?

622 here in Dallas. It is only doing it on the Dallas HD locals. It does it on everything I have recorded from locals as far back as Nov.2007.

MC

I also received an email from Dish QA reporting that it is a bug in L510 that is being worked on. They said they will email me again as soon as they believe it has been resolved.

Doug

L510 schedule

All my timers are still listed
The Schedule shows no timers scheduled to record
This happened after a reboot this afternoon when the 722 locked up

I do have L510 (not sure when I got it) the usb folder started showing up yesterday

I was having the lockup problem on one lil channel....back with the L449 s/w. Dish replaced the reciever (vip722) and it continued. It does not have appeared to curtail since the L510 was installed.???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts