L618 Software Bug Thread

618 and OTA just don't seem to get along.. After taking the 618, my OTA has been almost unwatchable.. Dropouts during live is bad.. But watching a recorded program has been even worse with that stupid banner that pops up telling me part of the recording has been lost. Even if it's just a second of loss, the banner blocks the show for even longer.. DISH listen to me.. Give me an option to get rid of the stupid lost signal pop up.

That "Lost Signal" message has pissed me off from the very beginning. I'm using Dish locals so I don't see anymore but I think we're all smart enough to know when the picture pixelates a bit and we loose a few seconds of audio/video that we don't need a 5 second message to tell us what just happened.

Last night we were watching "House" on Fox. I had two 622's record the event, one using satelite 61.5 for HD and the other using OTA for HD. Both events had significant pixelation and drop outs. On the TV connected with HDMI, the screen would turn yellow when the signal was lost. There was no weather or wind or anything to explain signal loss.

My daughter uses Grande cable. Her recording of House was perfect. We had to call her up and ask her what happended during a particular part of the show.

Later last night, also on Fox, I was watching the local news off the OTA. I paused the screen to go to the bathroom. While in the bathroom I started hearing audio from the TV, which shouldn't happen if it is paused.

Sure enough, something happened and the TV was no longer paused. What is up with that? Can't the stupid thing stay paused when you hit the pause button? Why would a momentary loss of signal cause the program to be unpaused? I lost all the buffer as well so I could not rewind.

Dish, things are getting worse. Committment or not, I will leave if they don't get better. Fix it!!

My daughter uses Grande cable. Her recording of House was perfect. We had to call her up and ask her what happended during a particular part of the show.
Is she on the same local TV broadcaster?

Can't the stupid thing stay paused when you hit the pause button?
It will unpause after the 1 hour buffer fills up, prehaps you were already close to that limit - or were in there a long time.

Dish, things are getting worse. Committment or not, I will leave if they don't get better. Fix it!!
I understand, but I doubt anything will happen voicing it here. Email them instead.

They fast tracked this one. My 622 rebooted this morning in the middle of a show. So far no issues. However, I'll report any OTA anomalies.

Is anyone noticing the return of the jump to far back when watching a DVR show and using the skip back button. This was a problem in older sw versions it seems to be back again with L618.

I don't think the excessive skip back has left us in the last year.
After a pause and some 10-sec skip backs, I give a few couple paused frame skips and then play.
Does anyone have a sure fire way to avoid the big skip back?
Mine are mostly 2 to 3 min or 4 to 6 30-sec skip forwards if I just play from paused skip back.
-Ken

DISH 622 DVR L618 BUG!! Off Air TV Scheduled shows not recorded!!

Okay, I just let my Dish Network Technician leave my house a few minutes ago who agrees with me on the latest changes with the 622 DVR. About 2 weeks ago, I installed the new G3 software card in the unit and it has been down hill since that time. Within 24 hours of the install, ALL of my scheduled shows were not recording. UGH!!! After repeated calls to DISH support, they told me my 4 year old unit was failing. Not a happy camper since I purchased this 4 years ago. Well after getting a replacement unit, I find that the unit is also "failing" and not recording shows. So I wait until today and find out that there is nothing wrong with the Unit at all! Especially since I bought it. Anyhow, ever since the new Smart card G3 was installed I started to have problems’ The most noticeable problem with this upgrade is the fact that an off-the-air tv program gets scheduled and in fact will record, but it never EVER records the show again. GIVE ME BACK MY PREVIOUS SOFTWARE VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoever allowed the programmers to accept this latest update should be fired! I have been using my 622 unit since it was announced in 2005 with no noticeable problems. So, if you are having a problem where scheduled shows are going away, or not recorded, then you need to let DISH Network know about this right away. I would also note that Dish Network should give me at least a year's subscription for free.

L618 Won't Pass 129 Legacy Even Transponders! ARGHH!!!!

Now I'm not sure if this software glitch came after Ciel-2's launch, or if it was when the L618 update came, but regardless, everyone's 622/722's have all become unresponsive to EVEN tp's on 129 when using a legacy lnb on a check switch test (other threads on this). I cannot drop well over 100 bucks (plus installation) on upgrading my 4-sat legacy setup to all dp equipment, so L618 has left most of my HD in the dark. The 622/722 is fully compatible with 129 legacy, odd AND even, cuz it receives all of 129's channels when I reset the receiver with NO switch test results, and have the 129 signal running to the receiver by itself. This is extremely frustrating because this is a new problem brought upon by Dish. I don't know what the next steps I should take in having Dish take action to fix this simple problem.

Is anyone noticing the return of the jump to far back when watching a DVR show and using the skip back button. This was a problem in older sw versions it seems to be back again with L618.
Yes, I noticed it with a show today. I thought it was strange at the time and forgot about it. But now that you posted this, that's just what happened to me. Only happened once so far, and I've never seen it before in 10+ months. No biggie unless it happens all the time.

Okay, I just let my Dish Network Technician leave my house a few minutes ago who agrees with me on the latest changes with the 622 DVR. About 2 weeks ago, I installed the new G3 software card in the unit and it has been down hill since that time. Within 24 hours of the install, ALL of my scheduled shows were not recording. UGH!!! After repeated calls to DISH support, they told me my 4 year old unit was failing. Not a happy camper since I purchased this 4 years ago. Well after getting a replacement unit, I find that the unit is also "failing" and not recording shows. So I wait until today and find out that there is nothing wrong with the Unit at all! Especially since I bought it. Anyhow, ever since the new Smart card G3 was installed I started to have problems’ The most noticeable problem with this upgrade is the fact that an off-the-air tv program gets scheduled and in fact will record, but it never EVER records the show again. GIVE ME BACK MY PREVIOUS SOFTWARE VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoever allowed the programmers to accept this latest update should be fired! I have been using my 622 unit since it was announced in 2005 with no noticeable problems. So, if you are having a problem where scheduled shows are going away, or not recorded, then you need to let DISH Network know about this right away. I would also note that Dish Network should give me at least a year's subscription for free.

DREAM ON!

Oh ... and welcome to the forum!!! ;)

:welcome

I am getting the lost signal notice about every 10 minutes now on my 622. I have to jump to another channel for it to clear. I can then immediately go back to the affected channel. This is happening on 61.5, 119 and 110. I have checked the SS reading and all are very acceptable (from 55 to 89). I am also getting very weird SS readings on OTA channels. On my 622 the OTA channels are showing swings of 10 to 15 points up and down while on my 211k they are rock steady.

Seems that most of my problems I posted on in the other forum are software related.
Guess I will just have to wait for an update.

My probs are on a 722

OTA signals are all over the place.
Acquiring satellite signal message shows up constantly, but if I hit the guide button the show comes back on. Also when recording a program and the satellite signal message comes up, it doesn't affect the recorded program. It records perfectly even tho it says theres no signal.

I'm going to join in on the screwed up 622 fest here. Over about the last week it is becoming nearly impossible is use. Similar issues to discussion here. LoS screen popups in middle of recordings. It's random, sometimes like 5 times a minute, others not for 30 minutes. It doesn't matter what I set it to sit on while I watch things; 110, 129, OTA. It tells me they drop when in reality they are fine. I can even watch the things it recorded while flaking out on those channels and they have no drops.

I think my wife is about to throw the thing out the window. I wonder if Dish is out there somewhere....

vip 622 dvr major issues

is this too related to software bug? both my 622 and 211 are majorly messed up, and i have replaced them each already this week. It started weeks ago on dvr recordings only. the sound would drop for 10-15 seconds 1-2 times per dvr only recordings during playback. then live and dvr pictures began to freeze last week for about 3 minutes, then the receivers kick off and warm back up and then aquire sat. now 1/2 the time it comes up with warning saying my ability to record and pause live tv may not work, and sure enough it does not 1/2 the time and no dvr at all... i have called dish 9 times in 12 days and no one can help me, receivers have been replaced, tech has been out, replaced lnb and all wiring, nothing helps, and he is clueless.

my receivers freeze & kick off every 5-30 minutes like clock work, and the dvr will only appear back about 1/2 the time

anyone else heard of this??? because dish claims not to have...

The only issue I'm having is with autotune timers. I've had autotune timers that have worked "forever" for both TV1 and TV2 for the local NBC station at 4:30am every day so my wife can wake up to news and then the Today show. The TV itself also has a timer that she enables during the week so the TV turns on automatically.

Every morning recently I've gotten poked in the ribs with the remote because the timers didn't fire, instead when the TV popped it was just the dish screensaver. Actually after I think more about it (not very alert that time of the morning), the timer must have actually fired, because when I turned it on it was on the desired channel which was not the channel it was on the night before. For some reason it doesn't bring the box out of standby mode anymore.

I've only noticed this since L618:

When I start watching a show while it is recording, when the recording ends the viewing of that show ends as well. For example, I have a timer for a show from 9 to 10 PM. At 0930 I start watching the show and at 1000 it stops. I have to go into the recordings and start the viewing of the recording again and FF to the spot I need, there is no Resume button. This has happened to me at least three times since L618 and I remember it working properly (not ending the viewing) before....

I've had 618 quite a while and I've never seen the behavior you describe. Do you have a 622 or a 722? I have an early 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts