L627

You guys come through again, I just called Dish about the Guide banner ads and the tech was clueless! I looked here and BAM, go in and turn it off!

I knew I should have looked here first! Thanks!

Due to the change of the Enhancements dialog by the addition of the Banner Ads setting, the settings have now gone back to "Enable" and you need to go to MENU-6-1-6 and reset it to disable, even if you had previously set it to disable...

Another change seems to be that "Time Left" during a program that is still recording, has changed from the time remaining from the point you are watching, to the time remaining in the recording.

In other words, if you just started watching an hour long program that was still recording, and had 10 minutes more to record, it used to say "Time Left: 59 minutes", but now they changed it say "Time Left: 10 minutes".

I received L627 today, and one big annoyance...both IR and UHF remotes have VERY slow response time. It takes 4 seconds for the EPG to show on the screen after hitting the remote button.

If you haven't already, you might want to try a power cord reset. That's been known to correct things like that after a FW upgrade...

It's back to normal. A few hours after noticing the problem it got progressively better...go figure? :)

Another change seems to be that "Time Left" during a program that is still recording, has changed from the time remaining from the point you are watching, to the time remaining in the recording.

In other words, if you just started watching an hour long program that was still recording, and had 10 minutes more to record, it used to say "Time Left: 59 minutes", but now they changed it say "Time Left: 10 minutes".

This has been true even before L627

I got this upgrade last night. I thought I read some where that this was supposed to allow broadband connection to customer service etc... Mine still tries to use dial up when I try to connect and of course it will not connect as my account is set up for broadband. No big deal just asking.

I have it on my 922 and it doesn't work too well. Commercials are still loud. Especially the Dish commercials. Using the optical hookup to the Denon.
Your receiver will have "Dolby Midnight Mode" mode. Can not remember what Denon calls it. It controls the volume fluctuations.
Hope my wife does not read this board.

I noticed this earlier this week, and it is annoying because I often check the banner to see if I am close enough to the"end" of the program during recording to stick it out a bit longer, or too far to the end, and I'll go to bed.

The stupid banner kept saying 6 mins, then less, when in fact from where I was in the program of the current recording I had like 45 minutes to go to the end of the show.

It now tells you the time left in the show on tv till the end of that show, not the time left in the recording you are watching delayed. If you want to know how much time is left in the recording , hit pause and it will tell you in the pause screen.

I have received L627 on the older of my 2 722s but not yet on the newer. I've done a lot of recordings with the new channels EPIX1 RETRO INDIE and TCM-HD (not HD but better than the SD).

I have twice had it go into a freeze, where it will not accept commands. I probably make it worse by then trying other commands. Eventually it does a REBOOT during my recordings--very bad. The older one is getting hit harder because it has more space and doesn't have the daily news and weekly show recordings.

Let's see if others have this problem, too.
-Ken

Have had L627 for 10 days on my 622(R0081x..) . HDMI port died(after 3+ years) and getting a refurb I'm assuming. Am I correct that the unit will likely just have what was present at the time of return to DISH and I will just queue up again to get L627? Coming out of Spartanburg SC.

Any chance they fixed the audio dropout issue between Sony Bravia tvs and their VIP622/722 receivers?
I didn't realize this was a known issue to either Sony or Dish. It's been driving me nuts for over a year on my Bravias...Hope someone is looking at fixing this.

Since I got the 627 update, I've had a problem a few times with a blank (black with no sound) screen when I turn on the box. Sometimes I can see a live tuner via PIP, but I can't swap tuners. I can bring up the guide and the dvr recording list. I can start a recording and watch the program, but after a short time the screen goes black again. A soft reboot seem too fix the problem, at least temporarily.

Funny I have L627 on my 622 and I do not see the banner ad in the guide. I checked enhancements and it was set to enable. I disabled it any way...

Is the 622 going to get volume leveling? I do not see it in menu, 6, 7

I didn't realize this was a known issue to either Sony or Dish. It's been driving me nuts for over a year on my Bravias...Hope someone is looking at fixing this.

This might be relevant to your issue.

A friend of mine recently - three months ago - bought a Sony Bravia, and he has frequently been having 15-second audio dropouts. BestBuy sent a technician to my friend's house, and he said that this is a known issue that can be fixed with a new circuit board for the TV. The board is on order, and hopefully that will solve the problem. You might want to pursue this avenue, especially if your TV is still under warranty. My friend has DTV, not Dish, but that might not matter regarding the audio dropouts.

Good luck.

Richard

It looks like the volume-leveling menu is only seen on the 722k and not the 622/722, like mine.

As elsewhere, I've had 2 cases of freezing with no commands accepted including power off, followed by self-reboot. No one else has reported this, I think. Maybe just my pushing too many buttons while it was busy with 2 recordings.
-Ken

Same problem

Since I got the 627 update, I've had a problem a few times with a blank (black with no sound) screen when I turn on the box. Sometimes I can see a live tuner via PIP, but I can't swap tuners. I can bring up the guide and the dvr recording list. I can start a recording and watch the program, but after a short time the screen goes black again. A soft reboot seem too fix the problem, at least temporarily.

When I posted the following in the regular forum I didn't realize the behavior was related to L627. I saw the same thing you did with the exception of seeing the closed captioning (which I had enabled).

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-technical-discussions/211552-odd-622-behavior.html

When I posted the following in the regular forum I didn't realize the behavior was related to L627. I saw the same thing you did with the exception of seeing the closed captioning (which I had enabled).

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-technical-discussions/211552-odd-622-behavior.html

I'm having some similar problems to what you posted in that thread since the 627 update on my vip622 receiver. However mine seem more severe. What is happening with mine in addition to what you stated is guide data problems. Lots of 'info not available' as well as missed recordings due to this. Also, since the update when a timer fires automatically it continues to record that channel until the hard drive is completely full. The only way to stop the behavior is to remove all timers and set the shows manually. It is extremely annoying. Fortunately, I install Dish part time and ran myself on a Dish-N-It up promo and got a free 722 to install when I get home today. I have my fingers crossed that it works better. The 622 is kinda useless right now with the problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)