L672 for 722 fixes folder bug.

Progress! No release notes yet, so it's anybody's guess. I personally hope they quash some of the bugs in the Sling Adapter code.

I haven't seen the folder bug on my 722, but do have the "it says it recorded it, but the recording isn't there" bug. Oh and the ever present f^cked up EPG and programming info which causes timers not to fire off as they should.

what was the folder bug? i hadnt noticed it.

got L672 ovrnight, seems like some of the snappiness is back, doesnt take so long to go to my recordings as it did yesterday

Just got L672 yesterday and the folder bug is not fixed for me. I even tried the power cord reset with no luck (which I have never had to do for other upgrades in the past)...

I thought it was fixed because I was in the process of transferring all my programs to a EHD, when I added some back in it was working right for the first folder but as I added more folders it was back to the same issue of not being able to browse the folder without going back to the main list of events. It just happened to be on the day I got 672 so I thought it was fixed.

Well since this update it has killed my Internet connection to the receiver. I have rest router, done the reset in the receiver and it will not get an ip anymore.

Well since this update it has killed my Internet connection to the receiver. I have rest router, done the reset in the receiver and it will not get an ip anymore.

I've got the new update and my connection the the receiver is just fine.....

Same here; no Internet problems so far as I can tell. DRA still works. Sling Adapter still works.

So the question is... Will DISH ever fix the occasional slow guide bug and/or folder bug?

Other than that, my 722k's are flawless...

So the question is... Will DISH ever fix the occasional slow guide bug and/or folder bug?

Other than that, my 722k's are flawless...
I noticed when I removed all the shows from my 722 to a EHD it was very quick. After I put enough to fill about half the HD it was still better than before. Anybody know if you can do a complete wipe of the system and and start it up like a new unit?

I noticed when I removed all the shows from my 722 to a EHD it was very quick. After I put enough to fill about half the HD it was still better than before. Anybody know if you can do a complete wipe of the system and and start it up like a new unit?

TBH I believe it could quite possibly be just coincidence that your 722k got faster... At least on my two 722k's, the slowdowns are very random, and most of the time it's just as fast as ever, but it decides to randomly slow down, and either a reboot or a power cycle fixes it, or it'll just fix itself. I dunno.. Could be wrong...

Oddly enough I have yet to have a slowdown on either of them since L680, however, I have seen reports of others still having the slowdowns, so I'm sure the issue will creep (no pun intended) back again...

I recently replaced my 922 with a 722k and I have had it for about two weeks now and it is on L680 software, and I have not seen any slow down of any kind. No freezes of the guide or menus, etc. I am a power user with 4 shows recording at a time. We watch it all day and evening and it has been rock solid ,other than a stopped recording that freezes 10 minutes into it. This bug was there before when I had a 722k last year.

I recently replaced my 922 with a 722k and I have had it for about two weeks now and it is on L680 software, and I have not seen any slow down of any kind. No freezes of the guide or menus, etc. I am a power user with 4 shows recording at a time. We watch it all day and evening and it has been rock solid ,other than a stopped recording that freezes 10 minutes into it. This bug was there before when I had a 722k last year.

722K is great. I never upgraded from it. I am constantly recording 4 at a time in the fall. That receiver keeps me paying for Dish. I have 'free' Comcast right under it, but that DVR is so terribly clunky, I only use it to record Boardwalk Empire on 'free' HBO.

My Dish contract ends in May. I don't know if I will stay or not. It is not killing me financially at 39.99 a month. I'll probably just keep it. Anyway, I was just trying to say I love my 722K. Dishes best effort ever in software.

Agreed Cditty.

The 722k is the best dvr receiver that DISH has ever come out with. I should of stayed with the best instead of buying the 922 last May. But I had heard the 922 was going to be built on the 722k software, with larger hard drive, better menus , guides, for hd resolution. Well it wasn't as good as the 722k and the extra $4.00 charge for sling ,that I wasn't able to do reliably, made me trade it back in for another 722k instead. I will stay with the 722k and just add extra things to it like I have already done. Like the google revue, and the external hard drive for archiving. After having the sling feature for 8 months and now I don't , I have to say I don't miss it at all. I don't use a cell phone or have a I pad so I was not getting any use out of it. Had DISH came out with the sling extender for hd in another room I would of stuck it out with the 922 ,bugs and all. But they pulled it from their website and it doesn't look like it will make it to the market now. I only hope that DISH will announce at CES next month, that they will do some kind of networking and multi-room viewing like DIRECTV has done. Then the 722k will be complete for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts