L688

i got the L688 update on the both 722ks in my house. now the thing works slower at almost everything now. everyone else having the slow functioning issues with the L688 update on the 722ks

Did you try a hard power reboot? Pull the plug and leave it unplugged for 1 minute then replug it in and it should operate better. I do a power cord reboot every time I get an update to clear any bugs or glitches introduced by the software update.

i got the L688 update on the both 722ks in my house. now the thing works slower at almost everything now. everyone else having the slow functioning issues with the L688 update on the 722ks

My 722 was very slow. Seems to be OK today, though. I do have the new update.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned this. I just got the update on my 722 and it's now possible to limit search lists in On Demand to show only free items. The UI's a bit weird (you toggle it with the "*" key that normally changes the zoom state.) Glad to see that useful feature restored though.

TheKrell said:
Not to thread-jack, but I just got L677 on my 722. There is now (?) a Platinum item in DishOnline, and it's much easier to find stuff, and it streams immediately without issue unlike the old "streaming" that sometimes took hours to download a single HD program. So far I'm pleasantly surprised.

I have L677 don't know when it dl'd. Have notived the psrtial sig loss issue with HLNseems to be gone. Saw the "*" toggle on on demand, but I jist started a dl of "PICKERS" that still will take 44 min to dl before i can watch. Why can't dizh stream like NETFLICKS

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

I'm surprised no one's mentioned this. I just got the update on my 722 and it's now possible to limit search lists in On Demand to show only free items. The UI's a bit weird (you toggle it with the "*" key that normally changes the zoom state.) Glad to see that useful feature restored though.
Had not noticed but you are correct. thanks

I have L677 don't know when it dl'd. Have notived the psrtial sig loss issue with HLNseems to be gone. Saw the "*" toggle on on demand, but I jist started a dl of "PICKERS" that still will take 44 min to dl before i can watch. Why can't dizh stream like NETFLICKS

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys
Streaming is coming Oct 1st for many of the VIP's via Blockbuster.

Guess I just never noticed it. In the pass you could search by free but it was a tab not the * on the remote. So just didn't notice the print at the top of the page. Of course wasn't looking for that type of change. My bad.
Not sure about the 722, but the 722K has had that functionality since July (L686.)

My 722K got this the other morning and I know which morning because when I went to check the news the damn thing needed the password before it would start, which I have NEVER had set up that way! I have done a hard reboot and it still wants a freaking password every now and then! Even though I have gone in and made the system unlocked each time after it asks for a password! Originally, all I had locked was PPV events. Also, my unit is very slow to respond to remote commands now. It also seems to have erased all the TV and movies from the hard drive as it never says there is anything extra where it used to show video on demand movies.

Guess I just never noticed it. In the pass you could search by free but it was a tab not the * on the remote. So just didn't notice the print at the top of the page. Of course wasn't looking for that type of change. My bad.

Yeah when they implemented the new DISH Online they had actually removed the old version of that function, then later added the new version.

Never going to replace Netflix Streaming if they don't fix the interface.. Too clunky and slow.. Can't find anything. And they need a queue.. Looking forward to what it CAN become. But it has a long way to go to actually be useful.

My 722K got this the other morning and I know which morning because when I went to check the news the damn thing needed the password before it would start, which I have NEVER had set up that way! I have done a hard reboot and it still wants a freaking password every now and then! Even though I have gone in and made the system unlocked each time after it asks for a password! Originally, all I had locked was PPV events. Also, my unit is very slow to respond to remote commands now. It also seems to have erased all the TV and movies from the hard drive as it never says there is anything extra where it used to show video on demand movies.

Same thing here. My 722 does this frequently, my 722K occasionally. :rolleyes: I only have PPV and adult channels locked. It's not rating related either.:confused:

Ed

I must have got this fix also...because yesterday my 722k was very slow in response everytime I go to guide or in the DVR schedule. Infact 1 of the time when I was checking the schedule....the box reboot itself.

But when viewing a recorded show...the remote response was normal. So I guess it has to do something with the guide & schedule/timer only. Havent checked Dish on Demand..since I rarely use that (very difficult interface to be frank) & prefer to use much easier Dishonline.

I too experienced a reboot when skipping a timer recording, and the response was very slow up to that point. I determined that I also received the L677 update on my 722 around that time, so that is what I'm chalking the problem up to. No issues since then (2 days ago).

Have noticed another channel 350 in my All Channel guide.It's purple and says Starz VOD,so now you can check out the Starz Video On Demand offerings from the guide.

First time I ever saw a purple channel,I like purple!.;):D

722k/wMT2-L688

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts