La Liga Season 2007-2008 on WorldSportHD

Something's wrong with Sid's microphone...

Latest update....Looking more positive for El Classico. Seems there is a mini truce for the game....Of course it is only Tuesday.

At the moment the odds are 60-40 IN favour of us getting in....

With my luck it would be my legs getting in with the rest remaining outside......

Right the latest news..(yes, I know) is that there is a meeting at the Camp Nou between everyone involved and that will lead to a definitive decision about whether or not we can do El Clasico.

So expect another post later today.

Every time i think about this whole question I start hyperventilating and normally I am the most relaxed man in the World (except when in a plane)

More later.

With my luck it would be my legs getting in with the rest remaining outside......
:haha

So expect another post later today.
Hope it will be good news!
In any case, it's good to hear that they are trying to settle this in advance, not at the last moment at the gate!

Just got the call from the office and we are going to .........................................................................................................................

BARCA - REAL MADRID!!!!!!!!!!!!! (confirmed)

Thank God for that.

Of course it's only Thursday night....but there has been a meeting with the club and they have said 'yes'

Tiny Tim will be home for Xmas..

Later showing

Does somebody know if worldsport will re-air the Barca Madrid game later that night? I wont be able to watch at the live time and would much rather watch it in HD later that night then in horrible-looking SD on goltv.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for the awesome coverage of La Liga, such an under-appreciated sport here in the US.

Just got the call from the office and we are going to .........................................................................................................................

BARCA - REAL MADRID!!!!!!!!!!!!! (confirmed)

Thank God for that.

Of course it's only Thursday night....but there has been a meeting with the club and they have said 'yes'

Tiny Tim will be home for Xmas..

Sorry guys. This is Oliver Tse, who is keeping soccerTV.com running until the first week of January when the asset sale closes.

As of 3:30pm New York Time on Thursday, I have confirmation from WorldSport HD programming coordinator Robert Kotick in New York City that Sogacable/Audiovisual Sport has decided to SCREW MEDIAPRO and WorldSport HD.

(Remember that Sogacable, which is losing the rights to Real Madrid and Barcelona La Liga home games in Spain after the current La Liga season, has nothing to lose by screwing MEDIAPRO. Sogacable is only doing what its shareholders want Sogacable to do: screw MEDIAPRO to the point where MEDIAPRO's reputation becomes worthless.)

WorldSport HD will have Sevilla vs Racing de Santander on Saturday at 4pm New York Time (10pm CET in Spain).

By Spanish law, MEDIAPRO's HDTV production crew only has access to the stadium for the Saturday 10pm CET Primera Division match.

Barcelona vs Real Madrid will be exclusive to GolTV in the U.S. market, as MEDIAPRO will take the Sogecable/AVS standard definition video and distribute the video to MEDIAPRO's international clients: GolTV in the U.S. and Canada, DirecTV/SKY Latin America, ESPN Australia/New Zealand/South Pacific Islands, Al Jazzera Sports in the Middle East, CCTV5 in China, etc.

Last edited:
Does somebody know if worldsport will re-air the Barca Madrid game later that night?
Most likely not that night. They never re-air on the same night.

Hope this is wrong. Hope this is just some miscommunication between Spain and NY.
If true, that would be a bummer... :(

But then again, as Paul said, it's only Thursday...

Hope this is wrong. Hope this is just some miscommunication between Spain and NY.
If true, that would be a bummer... :(

But then again, as Paul said, it's only Thursday...

Robert Kotick sent out the Barca-RM announcement at 2:30pm New York Time, only to send up an update at 3:30pm New York Time with the Sevilla-Racing Santander replacement match.

I am pretty certain that MEDIAPRO and WorldSport HD got screwed by Sogecable/Audiovisual Sport.

Even worldsporthd.com has been updated to show Sevilla-Racing Santander as the WorldSport HD La Liga match of the week.

If you want Barca-RM, watch GolTV.

Last edited:
Just got an email from Paul ... the sad news is confirmed... :(

Folks what can I say...

Half an hour after we were confirmed...(picture Paul opening bottle of wine and bouncing around the flat to the annoyance of his girlfriend)...Another call comes through "They've changed their minds, you are going to Seville...."

Didn't post again as I was too gutted and to be honest - embarassed - feel as if we've let you all down.

I think Oliver's post sums the current state of events up about right....

The only crumb of comfort is that La Sexta are guaranteed the Madrid - Barca game at the end of the season (one of the two has to be free to air), which means at least we can bring you that.

As it stands, look on tomorrow as a first course to El Clasico, which i probably won't even see as I'll be (I hope travelling home, from either Seville or Madrid to either Manchester, Newcastle or a London airport.....)

Totally gutted.
the other irritating news is that Sogecable have also got the rights to next summer's European CHampionships in Spain, which means nearly every game will be only available on pay TV - set of c**t*.

Anyhow, I wish you all a happy Xmas and new Year, apologise again and will try to send a greeting from the Pizjuan...

PAUL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts