La Liga Season 2007-2008 on WorldSportHD

Will there be any chance WS will show the Barca/Real game during the week?
Since WorldSport didn't have its cameras there - I really doubt.
The next one in Spring should be on WorldSport though.

Reminder: The first live game of 2008 on WorldSportHD:

Today at 3pm ET: Sevilla vs. Betis

The game is on. Time for the weekly dose of La Liga! :)

Good game! Welcome back, riffjim4069!

Next match: Saturday, 1/12/2008 @ 4PM EST - Athletic Bilbao vs. Sevilla

It appears the next game will be:

Villarreal vs. Valencia - Saturday, 01/19/08 @ 4 PM EST

News to me...Although a probability as it is the Saturday night game....Still i don't trust Villarreal. Remember what happened for the Barca game earlier this season?

No bloody game...cos Sogecable sold the domestic rights to a different station and Villarreal's lawyers told them we couldn't be let in.....

Still there is a very good restuarant in the town, which serves traditional Valencian paella. (virtually the only one cos the place is a dump) - we even did a piece on it in La Liga report 4 yrs ago!

Ok, I'll put a question mark then. ;)

Hey, Paul, thanks for mentioning SatelliteGuys on the air once again!
But why do you keep calling it "blog". It's a forum! :D

OK, we've just had it confirmed today: Villarreal - Valencia it is: ps for anyone interested Mallorca have just knocked Madrid out of the Cup: quarter - finalists are: Mallorca, Atletico Madrid, Racing, Barca, Getafe, Valencia, Villarreal and ATHLEEEETIIICC CLUB (hurrah)

Just wondering: is anyone showing the African Nations Cup over in the US - HD or not?

if you get the chance to catch a few games, i advise you to do so: Eto'o Kanoute, Drogba, Keita, Diarra and a lot of other real quality players mean it is probably as exciting as any major tournament around, even if the pitches are not quite as good.

it just shows how much the African game has developed since the days when Zaire lost 12-0 in the World Cup back in 1974....Enjoy...

^ As a matter of fact, DishNetwork is the only way to get it, on 3ATelesud, which is part of the French international package for 21.99/month.

I called to have it turned on a couple of days ago, but I needed a dish upgrade, which was $59. I hesitated, but figured that I could charge my friends a premium to come watch some of the games, since I'll be the only person in LA with this available. Not really a great plan because there are so few people here who care, there's really no one to charge. :p

Anyways, right this minute there is a satellite-dude on my roof installing the new dish. I missed today's opening game, which was host country Ghana v. Guinea. Ghana won 2-1 with goals by Gyan (penalty) and Muntari.

Oh man, Valencia.... :eek:

Argh. I was wrong with the above information. 3A Telesud is only showing it online at their site, not at their DishNetwork channel. I keep finding conflicting information about all this. :(

Argh. I was wrong with the above information. 3A Telesud is only showing it online at their site, not at their DishNetwork channel. I keep finding conflicting information about all this. :(

You should live in Spain - far worse over here, although it is on Eurosport...

Horsey I have dishnetwork did you just call up and say give me the French package do they have any other types of these pacs?

paul I've got my tickets for real barca barca mallra And I starting my trip off in madrid for 3 days then barcelona for 3 days then on to Paris for 3 days then on to London for a few more days.I have plane ticket to madrid and home from London.Do you have any suggestions on train travel or passes it will be 3 adults and 1 child?I've got hotels in mind But any ideas from you that might make our trip a better learning exp would be greatly app.

Trains in Spain are reasonably cheap and pretty efficient: Hopefully when you get over the express line Madrid - Barcelona will be opened and it will only take 2.45 hrs - at the moment its 4 and a half hours,,,but still a good trip as the last stretch is along the coast - i do it when my fear of flying gets too much to bear. You can book tickets (in fact you will probably have to) the spanish railways are called renfe (I think the website is Renfe)

3 days is about right for each city and May is a good time to come before it gets too hot. Maybe take a day to go to Toledo (only 40 miles, which is great).

I can tell you a bit more closer to the date.
Of course if you decide to seel your Real - Barca tickets, you will probbly make enough to finance the whole trip!!!

Paul
What do you know about a Eurail passes Those seem to look like the best bet over the web I cant get the Renfe tickets in USA.I will have to do some more looking for them.