La Liga Season 2007-2008 on WorldSportHD

Next match:

LIVE: Saturday, 4/12/2008 @ 4PM ET - Recreativo vs. Barcelona

Looks like there's a problem with the broadcast...

Does anyone know what's up with the WorldSport channel today?

They were supposed to show live 4/12 the Barcelona match at 4PM Eastern.

Instead they showed live the Valencia match at 2PM Eastern.

Then they went to a black screen after the match.

Then they started showing live the planned Barcelona match.

Then after about 10 minutes or so it abrubtly ended and they put on an old tennis match.

And that was the end of the Barcelona match on WorldSport.

No explanation at all on screen.

Just bizarre behaviour.

Is this the norm for this channel? (I'm new to DISH).

This forum as well as livesoccertv.com both showed the 4PM Barca match as the one that would be shown live Saturday.

So curious if anyone here knows what's up.

Has something like this ever happened before other than that dispute for two of the weeks during this season with no match shown.

Thanks, bjf

A followup.

After watching the Barca segment it was an old match they showed for
the 10 minutes.

Still it's odd they were to show this weekends Barca match and instead showed Valencia 2 hours earlier. With no warning for viewers.

bkf

Just before the scheduled time there was an on-screen message about technical problems.

Looks like they've made the change at the last moment. I wasn't aware of it until I turned the channel on around 4pm. :(

In the past, the channel was much more accurate about following the announced schedule. But this season is a real mess mostly due to the media rights disputes.

Is there any way to email or phone WorldSport HD channel?

Their website makes no mention.

bjf

Next:

LIVE: Saturday, 4/19/2008 @ 4PM ET - Sevilla vs. Almeria

This season in La Liga on WorldSport

It is as Ilya described earlier. The media dispute in Spain has caused total havoc this season.

Past seasons have been very straightforward, except for Spain's odd habit of scheduling matches sometimes only a couple of days ahead of time. The TV guide info often is too slow to catch these last minute changes. Games will always start sometime between about 12:30 pm Eastern time and 5:00 pm Eastern time on either Saturday or Sunday. I often set my DVR to record with quite generous overlaps, both before and after the games, so as not to miss the matches.

The MediaPro media organization has been in a legal dispute with their competitor in Spain for much of the season. At one point early in the season, their competitor literally cut their power at the last possible second just before a match and this has been quite distracting. Nevertheless, WorldSport has managed to cover at least 1 match per week this year, even though they're had to travel to some smaller and less well known stadia, which they had never gone to in past seasons. These include: Huelva, Mallorca, (Athletic) Bilbao, Montjuic (Espanol's stadium), and others. While it is true that we have seen quite a few matches of Sevilla (at the expense of Real Madrid and Barcelona), it has allowed many of us to get a close look at one of the most valuable prospects in Spanish soccer, Dani Alves, who is consistently touted as being on top 'want-to' lists of teams like Chelsea and other big European clubs.

Sadly, after about 4 seasons of watching La Liga on WorldSport, you learn that the scheduling keeps you on your toes. Also, other bizarre things have happened, including an 'on-air' bomb threat at the Santiago Bernabeu where in less than 30 seconds, the announcers signed off and literally ran for what they thought were their lives! There was also the matches immediately after the 3/11 Madrid terrorist train bombings and the matches just after Antonio Puerta's death while playing on the pitch and Real Madrid's victory celebration after last season's improbable comeback to win the league. Still, it's quite worth it. No other HD broadcast of Spanish La Liga soccer exists and over the last 4 seasons or so, this channel has brought it to everyone the best they could considering the funds they have available.

Enjoy La Liga on WorldSport, there's really nothing else quite like it.

Sincerely,

Today:

LIVE: Saturday, 4/26/2008 @ 4PM ET - Murcia vs. Sevilla

Next match:

LIVE: Saturday, 5/3/2008 @ 4PM ET - Zaragoza vs. Deportivo

Wednesday's game is a good example of why I haven't been watching many La Liga games on WorldSport this season. The Classico between Real Madrid and Barcelona, one of the biggest games of the season, is on Wednesday and we get Zaragoza versus Valencia. It is a bad team against another bad team. I know the ridiculous television rights dispute in Spain is probably the reason but this is just the final straw in what has been a disappointing season on WorldSport. :(

Last edited:
I just can't believe WorldSport has missed the Real Madrid - Barcelona matches this season!
I know, this week's Big match will not affect the outcome of the season, and the former league champion Valencia has much more at stake tomorrow, but still, it's not an excuse for missing the El Clásico!

Tomorrow:

LIVE: Wednesday, 5/7/2008 @ 2PM ET - Valencia vs. Zaragoza - set your DVRs!

WorldSportHD.com states 2pm ET as the game time, but evidently it's a mistake. Today's game starts a 3pm ET?

Looks like no live game today. They are showing an Espanyol-Murcia game from November at the moment. :(

You would expect something else. Happy there's GOL Tv.

I'll be glad to see the end of this season. I'm hopefull of a better next season with the new broadcast agreements allowing Worldsport access to games. If there is still Zoom on Dish!!!

Next:

LIVE: Sunday, 5/11/2008 @ 3PM ET - Zaragoza vs. Real Madrid

There's still hope. Perhaps La Liga will show up on Rush HD. This happened in the past...

Rush HD only has hours to live on Dish as well. Looks like no HD Futbal, no more La Liga. I am not happy with Dish, I hope that Voom will get picked up by Direct because I will change.

I doubt that Voom will move things around to accomodate Dish Network viewers.

In fact that would be to their disadvantage - they want viewers to pressure Dish Network to restore all the channels, so they would want you to miss your programs, so that you are unhappy and take action.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts