La Liga Season 2007-2008 on WorldSportHD

Next match:

LIVE: Sunday, 3/2/2008 @ 1PM ET - Villarreal vs. Osasuna

where are you going to be this weekend so sick of catching the games on goltv you cant even make out the players numbers.And how come they can get into every game?

Next:

LIVE: Saturday, 3/8/2008 @ 4PM ET - Zaragoza vs. Atletico Madrid

Worldsporthd matches

What is up with these crappy matches lately? Barca-Villareal or Real- Espanol are the matches Worldsport would normally show. Does this have to do with the Spanish TV battles?:mad:

They usually try to pick the best game each week within some limits caused by travel, etc.

However, this season their hands were tied due to the rights war in Spain.

Today's game is pretty good though!

so sick of catching the games on goltv you cant even make out the players numbers.And how come they can get into every game?
They don't get to every game. ;)
As I understand, GolTV doesn't have its own cameras. It simply gets feeds from others.

WorldsportHD, on the other hand shows its original feeds only. So, it's a very different approach.

Next match:

LIVE: Saturday, 3/15/2008 @ 5PM ET - Valencia vs. Sevilla

To the announcers of the games.

You are very boring. I love watching the game and hate listening to it. The background noise is very low killing all the game's excitement and you two talk about everything than what is happening or is about to happen in the game. In fact few times just recently you continued your chit chat despite that one team almost scored twice in a matter of seconds. I wish I could listen to goaltv and watch this channel or even better watch goaltv in HD.

I hope this is a wake up call to you and something good come out of it. I really can't stand it anymore. Mute is on.

Bored Soccer/Football Fan in LA

Last edited:
goltv vs worldsport hd

Dude are you insane, or are you related to a commentator on goltv? Phil Shoen and Ray Hudson are by far the worst soccer commentators I've ever heard. When I have a party over for a match, we mute them and use the barcelona web site live commentator. Please, just listen to Phil and tell me he's not clueless. The other day he was complaing that Barca were making a mistake by substituting Sylvihno to his wrong side and playing Abidal in the middle. Why not just shut up with his opinions and just comment on what really happening on the pitch, because obviously he was clueless that Sylvinho plays on the left side and that Abidal plays in the center of the defence for the french national team. Plus listening to Ray Hudson yell Ay Ay whenever something happens drives me crazy. The worldsporthd guys are there live and actually give us a great standpoint by actually being there. Although I appreciate the goltv channel for the games they show, Worldsport has them hands down with better match commentators.

Paul Giblin was the best! We'll miss him a lot. Sid Lowe is doing a great job in my opinion, well in best Paul's traditions. The new commentator Peter is knowledgeable, but needs to bring more passion and emotions to his commentary. He is definitely holding back. Hope this will improve with time.

Overall, commentary on WorldSportHD has been superb! Much better than on any other (English-language) soccer broadcast in the US!

Today's game:

LIVE: Saturday, 3/22/2008 @ 5PM ET - Sevilla vs. Atletico Madrid

Should be a good one!

I am sure most viewers really like me don't really care about the knowing why a player should or shouldn’t be changed when there is no emotion, excitement and focus to calling the game. When the game is boring because of the announcers, who cares what they talk about even if the can teach the coach a thing or two. Frankly I prefer hearing the Spanish commentators even though I don't understand any Spanish because they really make the game exciting. Also I am not saying goal TV commentary is better, rather they make the game exciting and call the game. As for commentary, internet is full of that and anyone can find the kind of commentary they like.
<O:p</O:p

At least raise the background noise so it feels we are in the stadium rather than watching two guys watch the game and talk so loud I can't hear the game. And that is why the mute button is on. It’s very sad :mad:<O:p</O:p

Well, hope you won't be bored (or is it 'baored'?) during today's game. ;)

By the way, welcome to the forum! :)

Next match:

LIVE: Saturday, 3/29/2008 @ 5PM ET - Villarreal vs. Atletico Madrid

Next:

LIVE: Saturday, 4/5/2008 @ 4PM ET - Mallorca vs. Real Madrid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)