La Liga Season 2007-2008 on WorldSportHD

^ Damn, with Ronaldo (and Cassano) gone from La Liga, I can't think of a fat joke to make. :(

Good luck - sure hope this game gets broadcast. How do things look for Wednesday's scheduled Valencia-RM game?

As for Wednesday.....ooof. Not sure because Canal Plus (which is part of Audiovisual Sport/Sogecable group) are showing the game here in Spain....I don't know where that leaves us. However, the good news is that La Sexta were advertising Sevilla - R Madrid for next Saturday (Sexta are Mediapro) so that probably means we get in....I just want all this farcical posturing to end and to be able to do some decent work and be able to plan my life more than 24 hours in advance...

Reminder to everyone: the today's game starts at 3pm ET. The on-screen guide shows it 12pm, but that's a mistake. Hope you are not relying on the guide for your DVRs...
Edit: 4PM ET

Well, let's see what happens today... I am afraid to turn the channel on...

I just checked: the game actually starts at 21:00 local Spanish time, which is 4pm EDT!

WorldSpordHD.com is wrong stating that the game time is 3pm ET. Spain is normally 6 hours ahead of us, but this week they are 5 hours ahead! This is because DST has just ended there today but will only end next week here, in the US. :D

For a moment I thought we were out of luck again!

All right! The game is on!!!

RIght next game: thursday 10pm ko (cet - and remember our clocks went back and hour last Saturday night) Espanyol - Murcia.

Shame its not Valencia - Madrid, but we have decided that a bird in the hand is worth not risking getting locked out again.

Espanyol are having a great season, they destroyed Madrid a week ago and play some of the best footy around.

Murcia meanwhile are new boys in town and are holding their own Ok so far in Primera.

See you there folks.
PS Looks like Sevilla - R Madrid on Saturday...should be good

^ Jeje, if it was any other league, I would just figure that you made a little typo saying the Sevilla-RM game was on Saturday and not think much of it (all schedules I can find show it on Sunday.) But since this is La Liga, I have to ask, do you know something? Has the game been changed to Saturday?

Ok, so the next live game is Espanyol - Murcia on Thursday at 5pm ET.
It's not in the guide yet, so if you want to program your DVRs, make sure to use explicit times.

Yes the Sevilla - Real Madrid game IS Saturday. They both have Champions League the following week and it gives them 24 more hours to prepare....

As for Espanyol - Murcia, admitted it's not a classic, but igven it is 24 hours after the bulk of the fixtures (which you may watch on a different station, god forbid) well it's a bit of a bonus and added extra....and at least we won't be locked out....

Just got home to catch it live. The game is on!

Espanyol-Murcia? Oh well, it's a live game. Will watch second half. There is a replay on Saturday morning and the next live game is in the program guide Sevilla-Real Madrid Saturday afternoon.

Saw a brief shot of a camera guy who Paul said was a "lori driver" Is that Euro speak for tractor-trailer? The HD truck?

It may be just me but the video quality on this game looks exceptionally better this afternoon and this is on my 106" screen. Better than the HDnet signal.

Last edited:
I beleive on the western side of the Atlantic you refer to them as 'truckers' or 'truck drivers.'

Lets just say our lorry driver is a man who enjoys the benifits of 'medicinal herbs' now and then.....In the EU frontier customs checks don't really exist.

That was a bloody awful game wasn't it. Sevilla - R Madrid should be a lot better....

Well, actually I enjoyed watching the whining and complaining. You know the game within the game, but you are right, there are better games. I want to see Sneijder score on one of his "Beckham" free kicks.

Medicinal herbs, wonder what that might be.

Pet peeve: Tell Sid that there are no longer "linesman" in the game and haven't been for 6 years. They are called assistant referees or AR's for short.

Looking forward to tomorrow's game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts