La Liga Season 2007-2008 on WorldSportHD

WEEKEND UPDATE

AS i promised on Saturday night, here's the latest news: Looks like we are back in Montjuic this weekend (Sunday 5pm9 for Espanyol - Athletic Club Bilbao....At the moment that is what we have been told, although there could be sa change

Once again the rights war is a key factor in the choice of game. But there are a couple of good factors: A few reencounters in that game as former Espanyol coach Valverde was previously with Athletic, as were dfedner Lacruz and keeper Lafuente..

Also and as you know, i support Athletic, so you will have the chance to enjoy the most one sided commentary of the season...

Come you Los Liones!!!!

Just joining in. In time to catch the second half of the Espanyol - Athletic game. It's on right now.

Well, someone was asleep in the MediaPro truck. No graphics or announcer for the first 5 or 10 minutes. It looked like they were sending a clean feed for someone other than WorldSport US.

I thought, for a minute, that we could now watch the game, but we could have no announcers or game clock. I thought this might be a new solution to the feud between the media companies...

Well, someone was asleep in the MediaPro truck. No graphics or announcer for the first 5 or 10 minutes. It looked like they were sending a clean feed for someone other than WorldSport US.

I thought, for a minute, that we could now watch the game, but we could have no announcers or game clock. I thought this might be a new solution to the feud between the media companies...

I didn't see that: I missed the first half...

Sorry for 1st half problems, seems they had all sorts of problems in the HD truck....part of them came because Espanyol made them change the position of the main camera 1 hr before kick off - because the club had sold seats in the box where we were stationed..they gave us a new positon, but one where people walking in front - did you see the heads?? incredible.

Still gutted about that last goal.

Welcome to the forum, hairdo583!

No La Liga games this weekend due to Internationals.

Next live game scheduled to be Murcia - R Madrid (saturday 22.00 our time) Looking good so far so fingers crossed - Murcia are a club with Mediapo contract so there shouldn't be toooooo much to worry about......

Good to go for tomorrows Murcia - Madrid game.

Next Saturday at the same time ESPANYOL - BARCA: the Barcelona city derby...should be a good un.

Thanks for the update on this week's game.

Right next game: .... Espanyol - Murcia.

Shame its not Valencia - Madrid, but we have decided that a bird in the hand is worth not risking getting locked out again.

Question: This Val-RM game a few weeks was broadcast here in the US on GolTV. Would you have been able to show it if you had gone there? GolTV has not been locked out of any games for awhile now. I have no idea if this is just luck of the time/place situations, or if there has been some resolution to the mess. I know you aren't an expert on GolTV's stuff, but it seemed that all of the internationals are in the same boat with the lockouts.

Still gutted about that last goal.

:(.

Hey, how is Del Horno doing at Athletic? He was left on the bench for the last couple of La Liga games, but I saw he scored a goal in the recent CDR game. Is he only CDR material these days? Or did he have a knock? (I missed most of that game, sorry if you talked about it in the broadcast..)

Good question about Valencia - R Madrid. Had we gone there we probably would have got in...but it was quite up in the air apparantly and we didn't want a repeat of the Villarreal - Barca fiasco, where the club said we could and then we couldn't get in (under pressure from AVS lawyers it seems)

Valencia actually allowed AVS, Canal 9 (Valencian TV) and Mediapro into Mestalla, which was a surprise. Don't think we were not cursing under our breath as we watched that 0-0 between Espanyol and Murcia..

As for Del Horno, he's been injured and he'll be out for a month now with a thigh strain....but the fact is he is not the player he was (Likes a drink and a bit of a night out it seems) The good news is that Athletic have signed an unknown left back from the Segunda B - Koikili Letxundi (he played v Espanyol) and he's great, powerful, quick and aggressive..Not looking good for Asier I'm afraid..

cheers PAUL
right :eek:ff to get our flight - which is a bit late for my liking as we still have to drive 60 miles from Alicante to Murcia and if we get delayed...well if there is silence duing the first half, now you know why....

Hope you can make it there in time for the game, Paul!

Reminder for everyone: Today's live game starts at 4 PM ET.

whats the deal with Ronaldinho?I bought tickets for two games in May to see Barca play one in real madrid and then a couple days later in barca I wonder if he is even going to play I hate to go all that way and not even see him play in person.I mean these tickets were more than SuperBowl tickets I should get to meet the players and get autographs with them for that price.But Hell this is the greatestsport in the World I wish it would catch on more in the USA.I mean look at Beckham now it looks like hes playing with a bunch of highschool players on his team
let me know what you guys think

Ronaldinho he 'black sheep' according to 'born again' Edmilson, who is merely a donkey. Ronaldinho like too much the parties and the girls....who don't (except maybe Edmilson)?

Barca should see Dinho and go with Henry, Messi and Eto' when fit with Bojan waiting in the wings..Sat sxhould be fun indeed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts