La Liga Season 2007-2008 on WorldSportHD

Looks like no HD Futbal, no more La Liga.
There is other HD Futbol (just not La Liga).

UEFA Champions League Final will be in Full HD on ESPN2-HD.

Euro 2008 will be in Full HD on ESPN2-HD and ABC-HD (except for 5 games that will only be in SD on ESPN-Classic).

Olympics 2008 Soccer will be in Full HD on NBC-HD or UNI-HD or USA-HD or Bravo-HD or CNBC-HD (still vague reports as to which).

Major League Soccer is in Full HD twice every week on ESPN2-HD and HD-Net.

This is better than nothing, but the occasional cup tournament, and the CL final is not good enough. We need to have all EPL games and all CL games in HD. I know this will happen eventually.

I am happy that the World Cup and the Euros will be in HD from here-on-out. When I do watch Olympic futbol and MLS, I prefer it in HD, but overall I can care less about these two.

Isn't this the first time that Man United will be in full HD?

Last edited:
Well, for those of you who can still get WorldSportHD on Cablevision, the next live match is supposed to be:

LIVE: Saturday, 5/17/2008 @ 4PM ET - Murcia vs. Barcelona

In 1996 I picked up Dish network to watch the Dominion SkyAngel channels. SkyAngel went dark 3-31-08. I picked up Voom in December 2003 two months after it was launched only because of WorldSport HD with futbol in HD. I stayed with it when Voom went to Dish. Since the only reasons I have been watching Dish, SkyAngel and Voom are no more, I think I no longer have a reason to watch Dish. So, I'm going to upgrade my older Directv and move on.

Ilya, It's been great following the live game of the week and I was looking forward to the last one--Murcia vs. Barcelona. I'll still be around and hopefully Dolan Sr will do something about his Voom for us. Mediapro was going to be the big dog in the rights games in La Liga next year.

Hi Folks...just flown arrived back in Spain today after three months in UK - to read this news! Nightmare. What I can say is that we have just got tickets to travel to Murcia tomorrow. More than that, i know nothing.
cheers PAUL

Response to complaint

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your e-mail. Effective immediately the VOOM HD line-up can no longer be viewed by our customers. DISH Network continues to be the leader in providing the best movies, sports and entertainment in High Definition. In order to provide you with top quality entertainment, DISH Network continually evaluates and at times, makes changes to our channel line-up. We plan to use this opportunity to introduce exciting new HD channels offering a breadth and depth of programming that better complements our already robust HD offerings.
DISH Network understands it may feel like DISH is removing your favorite programming, but check out the comparable HD programming that is available!
VOOM Channel
Alternative Programming
Channel #
Monsters HD
Chiller (Only available in SD)
Rave HD
MHD
Rush HD
Universal HD, HD Net
9427, 9422
Specific HD Movies
HD Net Movies, Universal HD, and Premiums in HD
9423, 9427

Just FYI: UEFA Champions League - Manchester United vs. Chelsea is curently on ESPN2 in HD.

Just got home. I put the live broadcast on the DVR this afternoon and will start watching now. Welcome back to Paul but the La Liga season is over and WorldSport HD is removed. Maybe Paul and Sid can do Euro 2008 commentary instead of our usual suspects on the Disney networks.

I' ve got an email from Paul:

Hi there.
Hope all going well, over in the US of A. Thought it was about time to bring you up to date with events in Spain. Apart from transfer stories - Ronaldinho to AC Milan - Valencia want Eto'o....it seems the TV war is drawing to a slow and painful end. Mediapro (ie us) have Barca for next season..HURRAH!!!!, while R Madrid seems to be up in the air - Sogecable - the rivals - say they have the right to automatically renew their contract for another season, which is a problem cos Madrid have already taken the Mediapro silver, to the tine of around ~$100 million for next season - Anyhow a judge has reversed all of the previous decisions that made life so hard last season, SO that means we should be OK (Maybe - this is Spain remember). That means we should be ok with Barca and may have a chance with R Madrid, but oddly enough the league calendar was announced today and both Madrid and Barca play at home and away on the same weekends - weird cos they always
used to alternate - Does that mean the league are with Mediapro? Probably yes, cos they were all last year. Proof of that is that when Barca or Madrid are away, Atletico Madrid - who have made loads of good signings - are at home - and the good news is that they have signed with another company (just to make this easy)- TeleMadrid and TeleMadrid HATE sogecable and are close to a deal with us...(Getafe have also signed with TeleMadrid - so things look better and better.
Last season was a nightmare cos of the travelling - even more so for sid, who went all over Spain, while i was freezing my bits off in Hull (England). This should see us back in the Calderon and Camp Nou and i suspect the Bernabeu...
Two more pieces of news: sogecable may have to sell up anyhow - their parent company Grupo Prisa is loosing a fortune - the BAD news is that they may sell to Rupert Murdoch - the devil incarnate...(You all know how dreadful FOX news is right - i watch it now and then for laughs)
Also Mediapro have got rights to the Champions League 2009-10....no idea if that means we can sell it to US, but imagine R Madrid - Man Utd on Worldsport in HD....I am....
ps also there will be new logos on La Liga Report and Athletic Bilbao will rule the world (maybe)
cheers PAUL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts