LA Locals Going Spot Beam TONIGHT

For the love of god someone push them to do the first decent thing in 2 years on the HD side and get HDNET/Movies back to a full resolution/bitrate with the extra conus capacity.

If only E* or even Cuban gave a damn about the channels being at full res/bitrate, we might have a chance for that. But I gave up hope of ever seeing the HDNets back where they used to be. :(

If only E* or even Cuban gave a damn about the channels being at full res/bitrate, we might have a chance for that. But I gave up hope of ever seeing the HDNets back where they used to be. :(

email the ceo office and tell them with the extra conus capacity to move their free retail stuff to those unused transponders and give us back HDNET/Movies the way they were - native mpeg2 at fullbitrate.

costs them nothing - and if they continue this route they will have no advantage once for the people that want quality when D* fires everything up in 2007.

otherwise, those that want quality will most likely make the switch then.

Yeah I will email them again. But the problem is, we cant assume D* is going to move channels back to full bitrate either. They have been getting by with HD Lite on everything they offer (in the 1080i world) and I for one dont think they are going to do whats right and restore those channels to full bitrate when they get the space. Whats the motivation? If E* is still HD Lite, and their churn isnt enormous for HD subs, then they have no incentive to change. Its just sad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)