Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Since there are no more distant networks Dish Network is taking the LA Channels off of conus beams tonight and will moving them to an LA Spot beam on 119 (Transponder 3)

The move will happen tonight after 1am.

I am hearing that the NY Locals will also soon move to spot beams.

Unexpected since the appeal to SCOTUS is still pending and the fact the the legislation did not recv an up or down vote.

But it is a good way to show that all DNS was cut.

Scott any mention on Denver ATL and CHI moving to the spots? If they already moved I missed it.

Comcast isn't going to give you distants either. Just your local Seattle channels, just like Dish...

Since there are no more distant networks Dish Network is taking the LA Channels off of conus beams tonight and will moving them to an LA Spot beam on 119 (Transponder 3)

The move will happen tonight after 1am.

I am hearing that the NY Locals will also soon move to spot beams.

Don't the NY Locals need to be conus for Puerto Rico?

"New residents" of LA as of December 1st will be in for a shock at 1AM. I can hear people calling now "Um, yes I am out here in LA and my locals are gone.." ;)

Seriously, what do they think they're doing now? It's like they want DirecTV to have a true monopoly. Now ktla is the only channel worth crap on the entire E* system. Or hmm, didn't I hear Columbus locals are up there somewhere?

I wasn't planning on "moving", and have slightly considered D* just to keep LA stations without doing anything "wrong", but it was comforting to think E* still had them on CONUS. Of course if I get D*, I still have to keep E* for Supers. Ick, for now I'll just settle for SF/Atlanta if NPS will ever activate me.

Honestly, it wouldn't have killed anyone for DiSH to just leave the DNS on. Certainly, it would do more good than harm. Really, what would happened? Would whoever is responsible for enforcing the court's order have to go physically destroy E*'s uplink equipment? I had my stations until at least 12/11, but whatever. What a sick world we live in.

Come to think of it, we'd probably be way better off right now if E* had never started offering LiL.

Well I guess that I will Losemy home town Los Angeles TV tonight then. I was wondering when the ax was finaly going to fall. Now I know it will happen tonignt. . . .

Alas my secondary account with DirecTV is already on line so I guess Ill have to watch LA locals in another part of the house. . . . Either that or sell out to the evil empire known as DirecTV even more and add a third reciever. . . .

Funny if they had not screwed me with an international package I needed for my kids Grandmother I would not have DirecTV in the house at all and now I need it to watch broadcast TV. Now if DirecTV were smart they would add a superstations package as well but we know DirecTV is not smart

RIP KCBS/KNBC/KABC/KTTV Dish Network DNS May 1998/ Dec 2006

Last edited:
"New residents" of LA as of December 1st will be in for a shock at 1AM. I can hear people calling now "Um, yes I am out here in LA and my locals are gone.." ;)

Probably there are a few people out there who can legitimately call in with something like, "I'm up here in the mountains and trees at the tip of Inyo County and all of a sudden, my local network stations keep losing signal just like it's always done on all of the UHF channels I don't care about. Can you please switch the beam back to the way it was when I signed my contract?"

It could happen, couldn't it?

I forget where the website is that shows the estimated coverage for the spotbeams on 119...

Places like Kern County, Riverside County, San Bernadino County, Orange County (border areas with San Diego County) as well as Indio County will have reason to complain especialy if you live in a border area. . . .

Ill compalins simply because I am supposed to have an antenna installed tomorrow by Dish and I am willing to bet the installer wont show up. . . .

Besides I am less than 15 minutes drive at 55 mph on the West Virginia Turnpike from being able to recieve Charleston WV DMA signals. . . .

But the cable company can give me Charleston WV but Dish Network and DirecTV cant. . . .

Hope its a bad dream and I wake up and I still have LA stations on my Dish Network recievers

Anyone wanna take bets they move them back on Conus beams in a few days?

Dish doesn't know how big the problem really is until they start getting flooded with calls and cancellations

Just by running the Dishstore and talking to customers, I know of a few hundred who have NY addresses to get NY locals. I can't give specific names, but people have been moving to NY and LA for years even before they cut off DNS.

Anyone wanna take bets they move them back on Conus beams in a few days?

Dish doesn't know how big the problem really is until they start getting flooded with calls and cancellations

Just by running the Dishstore and talking to customers, I know of a few hundred who have NY addresses to get NY locals. I can't give specific names, but people have been moving to NY and LA for years even before they cut off DNS.

I'm sure there's a lot of people in this situation Claude, but people calling about this are basically admitting they are breaking the law so I am not sure how this can be handled.

I assumed the NY/LA stations would stay conus as well until something happened with the new bill.

Come to think of it, we'd probably be way better off right now if E* had never started offering LiL.

Not at all, we'd be back to 1998 when our local stations were saying "put up an antenna" when they cut distants off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)