LA Locals Going Spot Beam TONIGHT

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
No No No :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

all hope is lost for me ever getting them back. I miss my kcbs and Paul Magers!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dodge, is that because, while all LA local newscasts are alarmist and sensational, KCBS is by far the most alarmist and sensational? KNBC refuses to air high-speed pursuits live. That policy has been in effect for more than a year. I must say, that while I prefer KNBC news, I do turn the channel from KNBC to whoever has the pursuit live: (chs. 5, 7, 9, 11, sometimes 13, and always, your favorite (and my mom's), KCBS, channel 2. They do know how to hype things up, don't they? :) Fox 11 has the best one-hour newscast and they still mange to hype things up a bit, too. Yes, ours (the city of angles) is by far the most trashy, yet strangely compelling local newscast of all locals. I consider them entertainment shows. And, in fact, they are more entertaining and dramatic than the prime-time network shows. :)

I assumed the NY/LA stations would stay conus as well until something happened with the new bill.
It looks like Dish is finally taking it 100% seriously that they can't provide channels to customers who aren't legally entitled to receiving them. They know very well that people "move" on paper. It doesn't make it okay though and for Dish to turn a blind eye, it puts them right back where they were with providing distants to those who didn't qualify for them.

People can argue that Dish was paying the NY or LA stations for those customers, so what's the harm ?? Still doesn't change the law.

Hall it's not that at all. Dish knows it can make more money by putting other services on those conus transponders.

That's what it all comes down to.

I figured that Dish will put something new on those channels. It was just a shock to find them finaly gone. I was watching the WNBC News last night before bed and all was well till I read your post and alerted me to the upcoming change.

Funny thing is Dish qualified me for these channels in this area legaly. DirectTV qualified me for these channels legaly and NPS also qualified for these channels legaly. . . .

At least NPS now had decent picture quality on FOX an NBC out of San Francisco

Scott, do you happen to know if all the other conus locals will be going spot? Can you give us any idea on these?

-B

Scott,
Is this for 119 only you are talking IE NYC and LA? Or are you talking across all satts. They have locals all over the place still. 119, 118.7, 121, 105 etc I believe still? Maybe even some on 129 and 61.5 too ;0 I don't see them moving all of that anytime soon. They dont have the spot capacity to move it all yet. I Imagine the major 4 will move first?

-B

Hall it's not that at all. Dish knows it can make more money by putting other services on those conus transponders.
Yes, there are benefits to the rest of the country with them doing this, no doubt. The timing is suspect though..... Moving these off of the CONUS beams was mentioned numerous times during the whole distant networks debacle too.

Does this in any way allow more bandwidth for the national HD channels? I'm just looking for a silver lining possibility.

With then being Distant Networks they HAD to be on Conus beams or they would not be Distant Networks. :)

No suspect timing.

Remember they gave up a transponder to NPS, so by putting these on Spot that really just gets them back to where they were before as far as CONUS space right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)