Label the OTA channels

jackbyron1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 28, 2017
Erie PA
I wish DISH gave us the ability to label the scanned OTA channels. ABC, FOX, MeTV, or whatever we want. Instead of having the generic radio tower icon. I’m in the habit of looking at the icons to the left of the guide as I scroll to find the proper channel to select.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I think you could do that with the 722K. I agree this would be nice.
You can, but of course there are no icons in the 722k guide. The 922 has icons in the guide if I remember correctly. I am not sure about the ability to change the channel labels or customize the icons on that model, though.

Did forget to mention I would like to do this on the Hopper 3. A simple software download? Pass it on to the powers that be.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I just wish the program guide would fill for the (sub)channels instead of saying "Digital Service". Way back when Dish was selling the DTVPal converters, the guide did fill, so Dish has the technology.
Well, if you want one of those DTV Pal converters, I still have one that I could send you.

As far as the Hopper OTA guide, I would just settle for the ability to manually add individual stations without needing to do a complete scan (and risking losing any stations that are not found by the scan).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)