Labor Day Weekend - Any FTA projects?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes, but I would not have any fun. I have gotten good. I can hit a sat within a few minutes now :) Sunday I set everything up, hit 5 different birds, scanned them all (full blind) on the Fortec, and cleaned everything up in just a hair under 2 hours. All from my lawn chair on my patio :)

I used to do the same before I had the motor.You do get pretty good at eyeballing the sky and hitting a sat.That being said,get a motor.You won't regret it.

I would not have a full h 2 h los. With my house and trees, it is split in half. I could get 2 motors, one for each side :)

My dishes are mostly "hide" throughout my yard :)

My house is almost in the middle of my yard. to the one side, I can see from approx. 61 about 119 (I used to have Directv and Dish back in the old days). From the other side, I can view from about AMC-4 to 148. I think if I mounted everything atop a shed I have, I might be able to get everything or close to it. The only problem is the shed is only 8' x 8' and is wood, and starting to sink a bit, and needs some new siding. I might put a garage up in its place, so I don't want too much atop it now :) I will prolly get a motor sometime soon, to see what I can get :)

iafirebuff said:
My house is almost in the middle of my yard. to the one side, I can see from approx. 61 about 119 (I used to have Directv and Dish back in the old days). :)

that would be fine for a motorized and a fixed dish at 123 G10 :)

That's what I had for a while. Couldn't get past 110 so I had a fixed dish at 123 tapped in

Iceberg said:
digiblur
Who is carrying the game? I've seen some LSU games on AMC5 (mainly if Cox has the game)

It should be on two places.... one 4:2:2 and 4:2:0.

Keep an eye out for me.... and I'll post in the WUT if I find it.

I have the same problem that Larry has, there is only ONE spot on my property that gets a good LOS to most of the arc year round. That is where my BUD is, and if the BUD was not on a 9' pole I would not get the LOS I do. All of my other fixed dishs are shooting thru clear spots in the trees to get their respective sats.

The roof mounts are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be... a handful of screws and lots of fun. You'd be amazed how much fun it is to really watch some stuff instead of spending all your time aiming a dish, probably especially in a few months when the winter's here.

I don't mind moutning on my shed's roof, and looking tonight I am pretty sure I have a full arc there. Not mounting on my house roof. I do not have an attic access so I can't make sure it is sealed good. As for aiming, I am all done with that. I have dishes locked down where I want them. I am now just in the "playing" stage with my extra dish. Which, I have a home for :) My father in law is finally interested in G10!

We're having some nice weather, with the help of a dry front that moved through Thursday. I should take advantage of the break from the sauna and do some upkeep in the dish farm :)

I have one project I need to take care of asap. And that is to get my neighbor to let me remove one or two trees that are in his backyard. I don't think he will mind if I ask... But they are severely blocking my DirecTV AT-9 dish from seeing the 103 degree D* bird. And so, while I have the beauty of having HD Locals from D*, it breaks up a lot and isn't worth even watching, its just frustrating.

After that, A poll mount for my Winegard dish will be good. I'm going to have to drag John Greene out again...! LOL

Optical Serenity said:
I have one project I need to take care of asap. And that is to get my neighbor to let me remove one or two trees that are in his backyard. I don't think he will mind if I ask... But they are severely blocking my DirecTV AT-9 dish from seeing the 103 degree D* bird. And so, while I have the beauty of having HD Locals from D*, it breaks up a lot and isn't worth even watching, its just frustrating.

After that, A poll mount for my Winegard dish will be good. I'm going to have to drag John Greene out again...! LOL
I heard that:mad:
You know I would be happy to help.:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)