Labor Day Weekend - Any FTA projects?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Well, with a long weekend, anybody doing any FTA work? I work Saturday, so I plan on playing with the spare Primestar and either taking it to my inlaws or setting it up for my wife's home office. BUT, the weatherman says rain :-(

suppose to rain here Saturday/Sunday

-I do plan on swapping out my TV antenna from a dinky VHF/UHF combo to a big UHF only for my digital OTA channels
-finish up the Primestar install
-doing lots of scanning tomorrow for college football games :)

Whats left of Ernesto is supposed to be up here all weekend, although it is supposed to clear up later on Monday.

No FTA, but an OTA project!

I am going to lower (with ropes so I don't have to climb a ladder) my OTA anntenna setup and examine it to see if I can tweak the signal or need to buy new. Now that I have only FTA I need good OTA reception! :)

I have plenty I can do, but right now I'm sort of stuck in lazy mode. If nothing else, I will be watching as much college football as I can find.

Al

I plan on swapping the QPH-031 for the 2 WR75 flanged LNBs on a waveguide for comparison's sake.

I wouldn't bother (the QPH rocks!) but the Invacomm was missing the o-ring when I bought it so I used the old one from the waveguide when I put it on the feedhorn. Now I have the new o-ring so I figure while I've got it apart I can play with the waveguide a little.

I am going to be working on setting up my 76 cm winegard with one of my pansats at a friends house. We are setting up a fixed dish g10 installation. Wish me luck, they have a lot of trees that could be in the way :(

Depending on how busy shift is today, Saturday I'll be setting up the media room in the new house. I haven't finished casing the windows but I need a break from sawdust. I will be moving the *C dish from it's temporary position and also my moving my 76cm fixed dish. The motorized dish seems to be working pretty good.

Any suggestions as to which bird to set the fixed dish?

Last edited:
digiblur
Who is carrying the game? I've seen some LSU games on AMC5 (mainly if Cox has the game)

As much as I've been frustrated by the Coolsat due to a factory defect, I did really appreciate it's lightening fast blind scan. Although, I have nothing else to judge it against, other than the Neusat.

It may be a tough choice as to which one I will keep as my main FTA receiver, once I get the CS back from service(again).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)