lack of features on standard directv receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

obeythelaw

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 26, 2004
New Jersey
I have a new HD receiver, HD DVR receiver and the newest standard directv receivers. With the HD receivers you can use the "mini guide" and view the "info" and when you click done, takes you back to the mini guide. With the standard directv receiver, once you click on info it takes you out of the mini guide and you have to go back to the mini guide and get back the channel you were viewing in the mini guide. also, there is no option to make the guide darker as it appears to be too transparent for my tastes. Am I missing something?

It would be most helpful if you would use the receiver model numbers as opposed to their basic descriptions. The "newest" receivers are the H21, HR21 and D12, but they are still installing prior models in some areas. There are multiple manufacturers of the H series receivers and the software releases are different between them.

sorry. the standard receiver i am referring to is the D10. The HD DVR and standard HD is the H20 and HR20.

You are right that is the way the basic receivers software is supposed to work. Press the blue button again and you will be back in the mini guide, they had to give couch potatoes a little exercise. As far as I know there is no adjustments available to the guide except your TVs brightness setting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)