Lack of Upgrade Deal for 811 Owners Who Waited for the New HD-DVR (622)

iKramerica said:
One question: why do you expect a company to reward you for NOT spending money with them earlier on an HD receiver. "For being such a frugal customer and sticking with your old equipment, we would like to reward you with the same upgrade path that our customers who shelled out the $600-$1000 will get. Thanks for your lack of support." ;)

Most of those with my situation were not allowed by Dish to pay them $250 to lease a 942. Many found this situation unacceptable and left Dish for HD-DVRs w/ D* or their local cable company (Comcast sends me HD-DVR enticements a couple of times a week). I believe that those who stuck it out deserve something for their loyalty.

As to another loyalty qualifier, how about those that stuck w/ the HDPak from Day 1. Many dropped it as soon as their commitment was up.

It is sad if E* only recognizes sub loyalty when they transfer you to the Retention Department when you call to cancel your service.

As to spending $1K for a DVR, that was never on my table. I bought all my equipment previously because I didn't have a choice. With a choice, I prefer the cable model of leasing equipment that will obviously be outdated in a few years. That's why I'm currently stuck w/ a 2700 and a 4700. I bought the 811 because I needed an HD receiver and E* wouldn't lease me one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)