LAFF now available on Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Looks like the existing BHTV programming will only air from 3 AM - 10 AM Eastern from now on. And the BHTV facebook is full of complaints.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueHighwaysTV?_rdr=p

Basically, most of the BHTV audience doesn't like much of the LAFF programming and a few of them even complain it's offensive to their tastes. But, it's not clear to me that BHTV had enough programming to fill a 24 hour channel, because they had a lot of reruns, video blocks, and old public domain series filling the schedule. They mention launching sometime soon on Roku, and I bet the Roku channel either A. doesn't have a live stream or B. has a live stream without LAFF programming. I'd be surprised if the Roku channel contains the LAFF programming. Although - I wonder due to licensing, if they'd have trouble making the music programming available on demand?

Reactions: fhsucade07
Basically, most of the BHTV audience doesn't like much of the LAFF programming and a few of them even complain it's offensive to their tastes.

I guess some of those shows can be "offensive" compared to what was on there previously

Don't get me wrong - I'm not necessarily dismissing the complaints - but it's probably also true that it's hard to sustain a 24/7 channel on a major platform like Dish with the limited amount of programming BHTV has. Somewhat surprised they don't air BHTV shows to "cover" the slightly racier shows on the LAFF schedule, which is what I think FETV does with COZI (they will air FETV programs / public domain shows in place of a "racy" show on COZI TV). But the LAFF / BHTV deal might specify simply that they will air LAFF during certain hours, regardless of what is shown. I feel like GRIT might have been a better fit than LAFF for BHTV, because there's probably more overlap in the demographics. But LAFF probably has a broader demographic overall.

Well I never watched it when it was blue highways, but I do remember some of the 90's series tv they are showing on Laff tv. Empty nest, Ellen show ,Drew Carey, all were shows I watched and I set up some timers to record and fill my I pad for my hours at work , when there is nothing on but holiday specials and recent reruns.

Reactions: jegrant
It's too bad the LAFF programming isn't being shown at the 8:00-10:00am timesliot. There are some good movies being shown at that time this week: Muppet Movie, Great Muppet Caper, Herbie Rides Again, etc.

Also, I don't see any LAFF content in the schedule for next week.

At the end of the day, what is going to draw more people? I would assume Laff's content over repeats of the same programming, as it appears that they didn't have enough to sustain a full schedule. It's all buisness in the end. As long as the goal is to make some profit, the viewer will always come after the margin.

I love reading the Facebook pages when stuff like this happens. :)
yeah it is pretty funny
The one that I still laugh at are the folks on the Live Well Network page who say "when are you getting new episodes?" :D
(the station was to have closed down a year ago but it still limps along on the ABC O&O stations with no new programming)

I would bet that LAFF repeats the movies across all the movie timeslots, so any movie that's on in the morning will probably be on at other times eventually.

COZI and LAFF are the two subchannels I pick up most consistently OTA, but with no guide data on Dish. (WEWS 005-02 and 005-03) At least this way, I get some guide data for both of those channels now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts