Studebaker driver
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
Anyone else getting lag from keystroke to screen? I don't know if it had anything to do with the most recent upgrade, but it didn't start until afterwards. BTW, it's not happening on this screen, but it does in the normal forum screens.

I get tremendous lag on my computers both before and after the upgrade. :(

Well, I'm not getting it now on this reply, so maybe it cleared itself up! Computers are magical you know!

The editor is actually not coming from our servers, it gets pulled from Google or Yahoo servers. So sometimes if there is a delay its coming from their servers.

There were no updates to any f the editor code that I saw with the new software.

In that case I'll bet it was google related. I was having issues connecting with them.

I get a lag every now and then. Seems like when it wants to load that goofy "song being played" at the top even though I have that turned off

Anyone else getting lag from keystroke to screen? I don't know if it had anything to do with the most recent upgrade, but it didn't start until afterwards. BTW, it's not happening on this screen, but it does in the normal forum screens.

I suspect that you are on an older computer typing on a thread page with a lot of posts. You can solve this by cutting back the number of posts per page.

It's not real old, maybe five or so years with Windows 7. I do have page settings to show 50 posts, but I don't see how that would affect the typing lag. If/when it happens again I'll try changing the settings.

It's not real old, maybe five or so years with Windows 7. I do have page settings to show 50 posts, but I don't see how that would affect the typing lag. If/when it happens again I'll try changing the settings.

I have a 5 year old i3 (also running windows 7) that I notice lags a lot when I have 50 posts per page on pages that have near 50 posts on it. My newer machines perform great. I assume it probably has to do with a lot of content running in combination with the editor.

If/when it happens again I'll pay attention to the number of posts on that particular page I'm on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts