Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Tonight I will be upgrading our software, it is a minor upgrade so there should be no issues. The upgrade will take anywhere from 30 second to 20 minutes, depending on the upgrade. (Last time it reindexed all the users and took about 20 minutes)

So here is more details about the upgrade.

Today, we are pleased to release XenForo 1.4.4. This release fixes a number of bugs and issues that were found since the release of 1.4.3. As this is a maintenance release, the vast majority of the focus was an increase in stability.

This release also adds a new CAPTCHA option. It is Google's new version of reCAPTCHA and it has been redesigned to ensure it is much more user friendly to humans. This does not replace the existing reCAPTCHA option. To begin using this new version you will need to obtain anAPI keyand provide that when selecting the new "Use reCAPTCHA (No CAPTCHA)" option.

upload_2015-1-12_11-20-35-png.94694

Some of the bugs fixed in 1.4.4 include:
  • Various fixes and improvements to the built in SMF 2.0 importer.
  • Fixed an issue that would throw a server error when a poll is restored from a thread draft.
  • Workaround an Internet Explorer bug which minimises the browser after posting.
  • Correctly adjust post count of a user when a post is moved from a forum that does count to a forum that doesn't count.
  • Fixed some IE11 bugs relating to copy and pasting content into the rich text editor.
  • The "Manage profile posts on own profile" permission now allows a user to delete their own profile posts from their own profile.
  • Changed the output of RSS feeds to bypass the use of the link / image proxy.
  • Automatically link URLs used in Conversations created by the Warning system.
See theResolved Bug Reportsforum for further information.

So now they need to upgrade to support the Holosuite. Or at least, their own app for Android and iOS.

I'd lots rather work with IP.Board versus the older Vbulletin and phpBB forum software...just never could get some things to work right back when I admin'd...all those "hacks" dont play nice together in some instances.

Since the update, the new posts string is giving me everything and not using any sort of exclude filter. I can't seem to find an exclude setting either.

Since the update, the new posts string is giving me everything and not using any sort of exclude filter. I can't seem to find an exclude setting either.

OK, I guess I can go to each forum and ignore it.
It is a pain to redo all the forums to be ignored but well worth it.
The one problem I noticed is I cannot find the ability to ignore the "MOVIE TALK" forum. Scott can it be ignored?

I really like the new feture of being able to ignore individual threads. That's something I've wanted for a very long time.

Sent from my iPad using Safari.

I really like the new feture of being able to ignore individual threads. That's something I've wanted for a very long time.

Sent from my iPad using Safari.

Thank you for that! There is a particular thread in the IP/Streaming forum that allows a particular poster to fill with multiple daily news flashes, lots of cut and paste. I now have that thread on ignore!

Thank you for that! There is a particular thread in the IP/Streaming forum that allows a particular poster to fill with multiple daily news flashes, lots of cut and paste.
Here in MN the DNR has a planned "wolf hunt". Maybe I can get signed up for that? ;)

I noticed now when you post pictures it doesnt show them. It just says the name and "jpg" and you have to click on them to see the pic

case in point
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3608159/
I noticed that in the Ford at CES thread. It seems you're given the option to insert uploaded images as Thumbnails, the full image, or nothing which treats them as clickable attachments to the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts