Lake Charles Louisiana locals!

Yet here we are with DISH Satellite carrying ever local dma in the country now and we are all force to pay for them ,whether you want them or not.

Direct TV and all the cable companies don't make you pay for locals. Oh, wait, they all do........ As in another post here, Dish was losing out in marketing by not including locals like ALL the other providers do so now include them.

I don't follow your post in reply to the quote you included from Arcade. He is saying that station is crazy for not letting it be carried on Dish, as it needs as many people in the community watching it as possible. So yes, that is why all providers, including Dish include locals.

Direct TV and all the cable companies don't make you pay for locals. Oh, wait, they all do........ As in another post here, Dish was losing out in marketing by not including locals like ALL the other providers do so now include them.

I don't follow your post in reply to the quote you included from Arcade. He is saying that station is crazy for not letting it be carried on Dish, as it needs as many people in the community watching it as possible. So yes, that is why all providers, including Dish include locals.

Exactly.
If I was running KVHP, I would want my channel to be as available to the public as it could possibly be.
By not having it available on all mediums, (Dish, in this case), you have less viewers and make it harder on your advertising sales people.
Why would anyone want to advertise on KVHP, when KPLC covers all the bases?
This would be like running a fast food restaurant and not allowing people that drive up from the East side to purchase anything.
Never limit your market.

and these smaller markets wouldnt you want to have EVERYONE see your station?

huh I guess not....
Not if your greedy and you want top dollar for your station to be transmitted. They are just following the lead of bigger networks ,who try to extort money from DISH and DIRECTV ,Cable to have them carry their transmissions.

oh I know....but in smaller markets it seems stupid because they're losing eyeballs

I still think they're holding Fox hostage unless Dish carries the CW subchannel

oh I know....but in smaller markets it seems stupid because they're losing eyeballs

I still think they're holding Fox hostage unless Dish carries the CW subchannel

Kind of stupid to hold Fox hostage for the CW. They are definitely going to lose in the hold out battle. Charlie never budges on the price he will pay for carriage of local channels. In Beaumont ,Texas area we have the Cw as a sub channel of our Cbs station. We get No Cw from DISH unless you want to sub to a super station for another $2.00 a month. We do get guide data for the Cw in Beaumont and the Fox 29 station has Cw as their sub channel and we get guide data for it too. The Cw is not worth $2.00 a month, nor is it worth Fox being held hostage for their carriage. There is only a couple of shows I even watch on Cw. Luckily I sub to Houston locals from DISH and I get Cw in hd for those two shows.

setting up for direct tv in nova scotia canada

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)