Lake Charles Louisiana locals!

willymac said:
is there any update on this fox 29 on dish deal? All of the neg. are over between dish and fox so I figured this would be online soon.

KVHP is not owned by FOX so it is all between the station owner and Dish. The way I see it is if the flagship new station of Lake Charles, KPLC, could come to an agreement then there should be no reason little ole KVHP couldn't come to an agreement.

I am waiting on KVHP as well.
I pick them up OTA and would really love to have the guide information for this channel.
Anyone heard anything as of late?

Anything new on

Anything new about Fox 29 in Lake Charles, LA or is this never going to happen. I would watch and support local advertisers a lot more if Fox 29 was on dish. If KPLC and Dish can reach an agreement, then why can't Fox 29 and Dish reach some sort of agreement that should benefit both Fox 29 and Dish?

Ok its been a little over a year and still no FOX 29. Anyone have any information on this? Cameron Communuications cable just pulled fiber in front of my house and it should be ready close to the same time I'm out of contract with Dish. It will be a little bit more a month to get the same service but it might be worth it for my wife. I think I'm going to try a different antenna in the meantime.

Will D* have the same problem?

not necessarily. Good example is Salisbury, MD
Dish has NONE of the Salisbury locals available (ABC, CBS, FOX). The "locals" they get are a out of market NBC (since no NBC in market) and PBS
Directv has all of them and were added after Dish did their "locals for everyone" tout

Directv says that Lake Charles will get their locals in 2011. I am waiting for that to happen, so are there any rumors as to when LC will get their locals?

Directv says that Lake Charles will get their locals in 2011. I am waiting for that to happen, so are there any rumors as to when LC will get their locals?

unknown. As of right now the most current spreadsheet of channels on Directv doesnt show Lake Charles locals as coming yet

and we all know the receptionist knows what's going on behind the scenes ;) :rolleyes:

Just to show you how much clout KVHP has around their market... I don't know if they still do it, but I do remember them starting this (quoted from wikipedia).

On Monday, April 27, 2009, KVHP began showing a tape-delayed 6 p.m. weeknight newscast from Baton Rouge station WBRZ-TV, under the name Fox 29 News from the Capital, Monday through Friday at 9 p.m.

Baton Rouge is over 2 hours away... 2 markets over!

KVHP has always been a joke of a station ever since I can remember when I lived in that market. Dish knows it and KVHP is probably wanting more money than the flagship KPLC station of the LKC market.

KVHP is crazy.
A tv station needs eyeballs and advertising. Anything they do to limit that defies all common sense.

The same thing was said about Cable when it first came out back in the 50s & 60s: No one will ever pay to watch ota channels by using cable. Yet here we are with DISH Satellite carrying ever local dma in the country now and we are all force to pay for them ,whether you want them or not. Fox 29 is doing just what the national networks have been doing and forcing increases paid by providers like DISH /Directv/Cable companies to carry them. They are going to force themselves right out of the market and with more and more people cutting the cord , that is dangerous for their future.

setting up for direct tv in nova scotia canada

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)