Lamp Replacement Source

Bosco

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
I know there are plenty of distributures out there, but I want to know if anyone has used this outfit ... Bulb Solutions - The bulbs you need for less! .....? The reason I ask is because I have had this LCD Sony Grand Wega KF-50WE610 for about 2.5 years and the picture is not as bright as it used to be. While doing an exhausting web search for a replacement lamp, I came across "bulbsolutions". I was impressed that they offered the OEM Phillips replacement lamp with a 6 month warranty. Heck, almost all the others I researched only offered a 90 day warranty and the lamp was an aftermarket part. Since the Phillips lamp has lasted this long :) , I wanted the OEM lamp. I ordered the lamp on Sunday and recieved it the following Wednesday :hatsoff: , but will not install it until this weekend. I paid $157 total, no shipping or tax. If anyone has used them in the past I would appreciate any feedback on their opinions of them.

Thanks....

Bosco, FYI: there was a reported problem with some of the lamps originally shipped with Grand Wega KF-50WE610. My lamp died after a year and a half. I called Sony and they sent me a replacement free of charge even though the warranty has long expired.

My old fraternity friend is going to China for 3 weeks. He is freaking because of the expense of lamp assemblies and is trying to source a supplier for an infocus bulb only. To take to bulb out it's just 3 screws.

What do you guys think. Would you pay $99 for a bulb only to go into your lamp assembly housing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)