Larger dish for FTA

bubby-joe50

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2006
Way Up North
I started with a *choice30 inch and went to 39 inch *dish (free for the removal). Both had stacked lnbf capability. To use for FTA and maintain dish alignment of lnbf the following pictures worked for me. Not being sports minded I hope not to offend but this is the only good use for the kid's next door's errant pucks. I've never loaded pic's before so I hope they load properly. Should be 12 pic's. This guarantees proper lnbf alignment for the larger *choice dishes works great on a 39 inch as well. Bigger is better.

Attachments

• Starchoice 30.JPG
    Starchoice 30.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 178
  • Assembled stacked lnb.JPG
    Assembled stacked lnb.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 165
  • Lnbf entrance cut.JPG
    Lnbf entrance cut.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 158
  • Puck with large hole.JPG
    Puck with large hole.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 136
  • Proper fit.JPG
    Proper fit.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 165
  • Leave lip.JPG
    Leave lip.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 147
  • Cheap mandrel.JPG
    Cheap mandrel.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 133
  • Puck with hole.JPG
    Puck with hole.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 134
  • Hockey Puck.JPG
    Hockey Puck.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 141
  • Stacked lnbf.JPG
    Stacked lnbf.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Unmodified *choice, with linear lnbf FTA with DSS lnbf you figure it out works with all, with different 40mm lnbf's. Maintains proper lnbf to dish alignment and keep's signal in the sweet spot on dish.

Last edited:
yeah I'm confused too. The reason I asked was this is in the Canadian area. Now if its being used for FTA then we can move it to that area.

Clarification of use

The dish as it was stock does *choice with a stock *choice lnbf, used in fringe areas of the north gives way better signal than the 30 inch dish, LESS RAIN FADE. Good *choice dish.

Same dish with bell lnbf and puck gives stronger signal to bell system. No RAIN FADE real good fringe dish. North west coast Canada has a real problem with bell's 18/20/24 inch dish crap, I fought with them for 4 years to get a larger dish, after they went digital, when I canceled them they offered a larger dish to stay with them. I said no, to little to late, long story.

Same dish with linear ku lnbf and puck for FTA like amc4, galaxy 10R really decent signal mid eighty's

Basically one dish to do all except mount to hh-90 2 5/16 I.D. mount, I'm working on it. Depends on how you want to set it up and what you require. Real good deal

The puck mod only maintains the dish as it was designed to get the best performance from it with different lnbf's and different satellites and systems. Eg. Puck mod and a * choice 39 inch dish setup to 98/99 for quality on *choice setup. 90 miles from Alaska, best previous was low to mid eighty's without puck mod and stock 30 inch with stock lnbf. The 39 inch has quite a bit higher signal quality than the 30 inch dish.

Best part is if you look around and ask sometimes you can get this dish free for the asking, mine came compliments of an apartment reno. just take it away before it goes to the landfill.

Which to choose

What lnb for Starchoice?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts