Las Vegas area OTA availability

As long as Las Vegas isn't still under quarantine on Memorial Day weekend, I'm planning to drive out there and look at some houses and rentals. I also plan to take my mobile OTA setup with me to test reception in the area. Will report my findings back here.

Are they opening the good restaurants in Vegas, while in Albuquerque's restaurants are forced to curbside or delivery till May 15th? :rolleyes:

Sorry be little off topic.:hatsoff

Are they opening the good restaurants in Vegas, while in Albuquerque's restaurants are forced to curbside or delivery till May 15th?

Not sure. As of right now, I was able to book a reservation at The Sahara for May 23rd-26th without resort fees, so I'm assuming their bars and restaurants will be open. I was also able to book membership tickets at the Neon Museum for May 24th, so it sounds like places are expecting to open up by the 22nd to welcome Memorial Day travelers.

Reactions: N5XZS
They are not currently open for dining in. The Governor extended the mandatory closures until May 15th. It's still curbside, delivery and takeout for those offering it.

I watch the downtown camera every couple days and see people going in and out of White Castle, but I'm assuming they aren't sitting down to eat- LIVE NOW!

Most locations in Vegas will have good reception. It's mostly LOS there and with almost all of the stations on Black Mtn., even the LPTV stations should be pretty easy to receive. They should even have a NextGen station by Memorial Day if all goes according to plan. If you look up the stations' broadcast contours on RabbitEars, you'll see strong signals citywide.

If you check out the blog page on RabbitEars, my Arizona TV Station Update also includes news on Vegas stations, since most of them broadcast into Arizona. If you check other forums, Las Vegas has a knowledgeable and enthusiastic OTA community, one of whom serves as my source for news there, since I can't get there as often as I used to.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
The rca 751 (original, not the cheaper one at waldomart) is good enough in Vegas, thats what I use and its the perfect size. We use VHF mainly because all of us are big Van Halen fans..

Are you able to tune RF 2 with it?

IF you have issues, just extend the longest element on each side of the antenna enough for RF-2. 1/4 wavelength would mean that element should be 4.10 feet total, across the width of the antenna. You should be able to use any handy aluminum tubing to do this, that can fit over the present element tubing. Or buy an outdoor FM radio antenna, and connect it to your RCA antenna with an HLSJ

Which forums do you recommend?

I haven’t been on AVS forums in over a year, but there is a long Las Vegas OTA thread there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts