LASIK to be able to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is SPAM

While this is an interesting thread, the sole purpose of the OP is to drive clicks to my2020.com. Do a quick Google search on that domain, and you'll find similar touching posts in hundreds of different forums ranging from white supremacy to cosmetic surgery.

The original poster has not contributed anything else.

Rick

Ha, your right. I should have known when the OP's first post on a forum like satelliteguys.us is a question about LASIK surgery.

I had lasik a few years ago. It did not work out so well. Local doctor that has done 1000's of sucessful operations.

As stated in a previous post, everyone is different and will react in their own way. That is really how it goes. You can hope that past cases predict the outcome, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

Anyway, what happened was I had -6 and some astigmatism in each eye. They did the process with the Nidek laser.
When the swelling went down, it was found they took it too far - I was now +1.5 in each eye, and needed tri-focals to see.
OK so I said "fix it" - your guarantee says 20/40 or better. Well, their Nidek laser isn't (at the time) approved for hyperopia - what I had now... So there I was for a year like this.

They did eventually get another laser, and I went back. They could not "lift the flaps" and had to recut my eyes with the keratome. THAT made me nervous, after reading for a year all the scary stuff I neglected to find out before the last process.
Well, that didn't go all that well either. Ended up with "Diffuse lamilaear keratitis" - some kind of cells clouding the cornea. VERY SCARY - I was on high intensity steroids to clear this up. Luckily that receeded, but this time I ended up at 20/40. They tried to put lenses in front of my eyes, but now I have "lasik induced astigmatism". They can't find a lens to make my vision better - and since they can't figure out exactly what my "numbers" are - theres no way to program the laser to fix this!!!
Now I'm stuck - at 20/40 on a good day, and typically my vision stinks. I have just enough acuity to read the letters at the DMV to pass my drivers license test. How awful is that - if theres an issue I might not be able to drive, since I can't see the letters good enough. Sure I can see most signs & stuff to drive, but my night vision is poor. I have starburts and halo's at night, which is very frustrating.
Oh how I miss being able to see 20/20 with my glasses.
I used to be able to take my glasses off and do very minute and detailed work. Not anymore. I now have to use reading glasses to be able to read a magazine or the newspaper, luckily I can see good enough to read.
I miss my good vision. I regret doing the lasik process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)