Last and Next 3D Movie

Last: Adventures of Tintin. Very solid, excellent 3d. Movie itself was good.

Next: Probably UP. Loved the earlier copy which I saw on Blu-ray, but have never seen it in 3d.

Still no word on it though. No preorders, someone said it was taken off of Disney's site. HAven't been there myself to check.

S~

Last: Polar Express 3D

Movie: 4.0 I enjoyed it, some of the train scenes were real fun (first time ever seeing the movie)
Video: 4.0 3D wasn't the best Ive seen, but there were a few times I thought I was on a roller coaster :)
Audio: 4.0 Not a demo track, but very good

Next: Three Musketeers 3D

Last: Three Musketeers 3D

Movie: 3.5 Not a lot of story, just good fun
Video: 4.5 I felt the 3D presentation looked excellent and very colorful
Audio: 5.0 I started out thinking it wasn't that impressive for voice clarity, but once the first big sword fight hit took off, and the last finale in the sky was over, I knew it was a winner.

Next: ???

Last: The Darkest Hour 3D

Fair movie. 3D was good. Looked good on the new Sharp. I did have to adjust the tint and color in 3D mode. It was way too warm.

S~

John Carter 3D arrived on Tuesday. Wife and I enjoyed it. Had no idea what it was about other than to judge buy the cover art. I avoid reviews as I like to be surprised by my own first experience. I was pleasantly surprised that it was about an Edgar Rice Burroughs SF that I read when I was a teen. The Princess of Mars I believe. Anyway the movie was real fun and I'm glad I bought it. I will be watching this often and hope Disney makes a sequel.

PS Sequel not likely because I heard they lost money at the box office. Too bad. It is a good story that could be another Star Wars series.

John Carter lost a huge amount of money. I liked it in the theater. I'll probably watch that and Journey 2 this weekend. No movie tomorrow as I'll be in Monterey.

S~

The projections I now read are based on initial box office at the opening. Disney is not saying yet. The after market DVD sales aren't in. I think Bob Iger could take zero salary for 9 days and make up the loss.

I see Journey 2 in 3D is at Blockbuster this week. They have a half dozen copies so I will probably watch it when the rental comes in.

Anyway, I got a second copy of JC from Amazon today. Have to see about sending it back. I don't believe I ordered it twice???

Last: Journey 2: The Mysterious Island

I liked it. Cheesy at points like the last, but enjoyable. A lot better than I thought it would be. 3D was great. Great depth, appropriate pop-out, and of course the mandatory cheesy effects.

S~