Last and Next 3D Movie

Last: Clash of the Titans

OK. 3D wasn't horrible. Little ghosting and pretty clean. Decent depth.

Next: Wrath of the Titans

S~

Last: Journey 2: The Mysterious Island

I liked it. Cheesy at points like the last, but enjoyable. A lot better than I thought it would be. 3D was great. Great depth, appropriate pop-out, and of course the mandatory cheesy effects.

S~

Me too.

Last: Wrath of the Titans

3D was much better than the first. I still like the fist movie althugh this one wasn't bad.

S~

Just watched Journey 2 The Mysterious Island. Wow! What a great 3D movie. Wife and I liked it as much as Avatar. Great story, plenty of entertaining 3D and no over the top stuff that detracted from the moment. This will be a several times rewatch for us and one I can show any guests. The really great thing for us was that this movie was bright enough on our projector that made watching comfortable and no eyestrain.

Just watched Journey 2 The Mysterious Island. Wow! What a great 3D movie. Wife and I liked it as much as Avatar. Great story, plenty of entertaining 3D and no over the top stuff that detracted from the moment. This will be a several times rewatch for us and one I can show any guests. The really great thing for us was that this movie was bright enough on our projector that made watching comfortable and no eyestrain.

What the berry pec bouncing was not over the top displaying 3D? :eek:

I saw it in 3D in the theater. The kids loved it.

I didn't think so because the "pec bouncing" scene was just a couple seconds and only one berry out of many actually flew off in the viewer's direction. The rest went in other directions. But mostly it was a part of the story/entertainment. Extreme negative parallax in stereography has to be allowed just the same as extreme positive parallax. In this movie the Helicopter did a U turn and the bee riding out in front too. Over the top would have been if the 5-6 berries all going at my face one after the other.

Saw WWII in 3D last night. Didn't know that Hitler had a team of two stereographers to document his quest for world power in 3D. He also assigned many of his soldiers 3D cameras to document the battles. While most of the film was destroyed in a fire, some was recovered and is presented in this documentary by the History channel.

It's a low cost 3D BD at $10 but worth it in your library. Some of the images suffered divergence but most well done for the time, 1937-1943.

I also finally after many years got a new technology to work here to view an era of 3D movies that I thought to be lost forever. I will post a thread on it.

I thought it was pretty good. Really good depth and just enough work in front of the screen. What I didn't like were a few of the camera angles/shots.

S~