Last Night's Fringe problem

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
American Idol went about 10 minutes long, therefore no ending on the timed recording...on both 722's. I HATE Idol!!!!!!

Last 10 minutes on youtube:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW-J6eXvit4]YouTube - Fringe Episode 115: Inner Child - The Last Act[/ame]

Why the hell did American Idol run so long? I'm used to it running a minute or two long, but they always made the next program fit within the hour. I think it was about 8 minutes last night, and evidently it was unscheduled although I wouldn't know why because I never watch AI after people are done making fools of themselves at the auditions -- which is the only entertainment value it has.

American Idol went about 10 minutes long, therefore no ending on the timed recording...on both 722's. I HATE Idol!!!!!!

oh good i'm not the only one :D i hate when that happens and it's usually with fox.

I still have to watch last weeks episode, we are just now getting caught up on tv time since having michael, good thing our directv DVR is reliable! I will say I dont think I have missed a episode because of the dvr not firing!

I still have to watch last weeks episode, we are just now getting caught up on tv time since having michael, good thing our directv DVR is reliable! I will say I dont think I have missed a episode because of the dvr not firing!

It was not because of not firing (reading is good). I bet you lost the last ten as well.

It was not because of not firing (reading is good). I bet you lost the last ten as well.

no what I was saying was of any show our reciever has recorded everything it was suppose to, with dish I remember two or three things that didnt record (still dont know why) and with time warner cable about once a week something wouldnt record or would get corrupt. with directv so far so good!

no what I was saying was of any show our reciever has recorded everything it was suppose to, with dish I remember two or three things that didnt record (still dont know why) and with time warner cable about once a week something wouldnt record or would get corrupt. with directv so far so good!
The problem was that American Idol ran 10 minutes late, thus Fridge started and ended 10 minutes late. None of the Program Guides (Tribune, TV Guide, etc...) that the DVR's use were updated to that fact. Thus all the timers out there still fired from 9:00pm to 10:00pm, while Fringe actually aired at 9:10pm to 10:10pm.

Basically no different than a baseball game running late and screwing up the DVR'ing of the following program. This is not a Dish/Directv/Time Warner issue, it was a Fox issue.

You'll probably be doing the same thing as the rest of us, watching 50 minutes on the DVR, and the last 10 minutes online at fox.com

Whats running Fox Network's broadcasting op?

They chopped Fringe off tonite, near the end of the ep because that stupid Idol show ran 3min into their time slot (AGAIN). Just cut the show off in mid sentence, naturally as they were revealing some series-important information. I fired off an email to some figurehead in the Fox Broadcasting div that I'm sure will do a lot of good lol . Made me feel better.
Guess I'll wait for it on DVD, this silliness of trying to watch it from the network is a waste of time.

Padding your record time on dvr doesn't help if they don't show the missing part. But I found it on another channel later and by then, they'd fixed it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts