Last of the 12 LiL Markets Are Live!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lagmandan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
All 12 markets should now be offering HD locals. I am in the Dallas area and was able to get my dish and "tenative" install date. Like all the other stories, they are still charging $99, unless you ask to talk to customer retention. They waived the $99 charge for the dish and installation plus the $14.95 charge for shipping/handling. The install date is supposed to be 12/15 but they said I will be contacted by the installer for a definate date.
Dan

I'm in the Dallas area (McKinney). I'm like 49 miles from the towers. Currently only have an SD Dtivo and another regular receiver. With MPEG4 going live in Dallas, how will I get my locals in HD? Do those come over the dish or are they OTA and I'll need an antenna? I really don't want to put a giant antenna up and still not get all the local HD's in well.

If you sign the 2 year comitment and get the H20 receiver ($199 with a $200 mail in rebate) and the free dish/install you will get HD locals through your dish (no need for an antenna). Keep in mind, the H20 is not a DVR. I believe the mpeg-4 DVR is due out early next year. Once you sign the comitment, you will more than likely be exempt from any freebies for the next 2 years (including DVRs).

Basically, choose between HD locals over the dish now with no DVR, or wait until the DVR comes out and do without the locals for a while.

scrotus said:
I'm in the Dallas area (McKinney). I'm like 49 miles from the towers. Currently only have an SD Dtivo and another regular receiver. With MPEG4 going live in Dallas, how will I get my locals in HD? Do those come over the dish or are they OTA and I'll need an antenna? I really don't want to put a giant antenna up and still not get all the local HD's in well.

Once your HD LIL are live on DirecTV you are getting them via the DISH.

You can still use an OTA antenna if you wish.

I hear ABC-HD of DFW (WFAA) is not live on cable or DBS.

ahh thanks. Haven't read up in a couple of months. I assumed LiL was HD locals over the dish. Thanks for the clarification.

Yeah, I'm totally gonna hang out and wait for the HD DVR and then switch. Hmm, wonder if I could swing them to trade in my Dtivo I have now for an mpeg4 dvr at that time. Hmm indeed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)