Last PT Cruiser Rolls off Assembly Line

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
I wonder if either the Chevrolet HHR or the new GMC Terrain will meet with the same fate.

It is like some people say - it has a “Love it or hate it” design. Personally, I like the designs, it does bring back memories.

AHH for the good old days::)

No cripple zone hood; No air bags; Sherman tank size steel bumpers; Super large steering wheel with no power steering; No pollution gadgets (the only thing under the hood was an engine); Thick skin metal that you could even sit on the bumpers and change a pair of rings); :) White sidewalls; Chrome all over the place; A “get out of my way” super loud horn; No seat belts, and of course standard transmission (automatics were for females not real men).:cool:

Did I forget anything else Guys? :tux:

An engine you could actually work on...and room under the hood to do it; rear seats with real legroom; a real spare tire...and room in the trunk for more; front and rear seats wide enough to sit four across; V8 engine with a 4bbl carb; 10 mpg but who cared or even measured it when a whole tank of gas cost less than $10 ??

I never owned an HHR but I did rent one once. It was OK, perhaps a bit gutless as equipped. I also never owned or drove a PT Cruiser, but I always thought they were kinda neat. Unfortunately I need AWD/4WD and decent ground clearance for the driving I do, and neither of the above suited in that sense...

I've had the misfortune of renting a few pt cruisers as well as a couple HHRs. Both cars are total crap. I can't ever imagine buying one of these things. My guess is the majority of the units sold went to rental car companies.

Gotcha. To each his own I guess. I hated the size, the noise, the lack of power and the fact that you can't see well out of it. Now I just need Hertz to get rid of the ones they have left :)

Gotcha. To each his own I guess. I hated the size, the noise, the lack of power and the fact that you can't see well out of it. Now I just need Hertz to get rid of the ones they have left :)

Amen. Add to that the bad seating position, hard to use controls and how it leans over in even the gentlest curves. One of the worst rentals I have ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)