Last PT Cruiser Rolls off Assembly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
I wonder if either the Chevrolet HHR or the new GMC Terrain will meet with the same fate.

It is like some people say - it has a “Love it or hate it” design. Personally, I like the designs, it does bring back memories.

AHH for the good old days::)

No cripple zone hood; No air bags; Sherman tank size steel bumpers; Super large steering wheel with no power steering; No pollution gadgets (the only thing under the hood was an engine); Thick skin metal that you could even sit on the bumpers and change a pair of rings); :) White sidewalls; Chrome all over the place; A “get out of my way” super loud horn; No seat belts, and of course standard transmission (automatics were for females not real men).:cool:

Did I forget anything else Guys? :tux:

An engine you could actually work on...and room under the hood to do it; rear seats with real legroom; a real spare tire...and room in the trunk for more; front and rear seats wide enough to sit four across; V8 engine with a 4bbl carb; 10 mpg but who cared or even measured it when a whole tank of gas cost less than $10 ??

I never owned an HHR but I did rent one once. It was OK, perhaps a bit gutless as equipped. I also never owned or drove a PT Cruiser, but I always thought they were kinda neat. Unfortunately I need AWD/4WD and decent ground clearance for the driving I do, and neither of the above suited in that sense...

I've had the misfortune of renting a few pt cruisers as well as a couple HHRs. Both cars are total crap. I can't ever imagine buying one of these things. My guess is the majority of the units sold went to rental car companies.

Gotcha. To each his own I guess. I hated the size, the noise, the lack of power and the fact that you can't see well out of it. Now I just need Hertz to get rid of the ones they have left :)

Gotcha. To each his own I guess. I hated the size, the noise, the lack of power and the fact that you can't see well out of it. Now I just need Hertz to get rid of the ones they have left :)

Amen. Add to that the bad seating position, hard to use controls and how it leans over in even the gentlest curves. One of the worst rentals I have ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts