last question. Can I diplex my OTA with Dtv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
Sorry, Long time Dish guy who is switching to DTV. Last question. I currenly have my OTA diplexed along with my Dish signal to my 622. I thought I read somewhere that you can not Diplex with the 5lnb Ku.KA DTV signal. This is not good. Will the Dish installer run a 75ft new coax run from my OTA to my TV if diplexer can not be used? Thanks.

Sorry, Long time Dish guy who is switching to DTV. Last question. I currenly have my OTA diplexed along with my Dish signal to my 622. I thought I read somewhere that you can not Diplex with the 5lnb Ku.KA DTV signal. This is not good. Will the Dish installer run a 75ft new coax run from my OTA to my TV if diplexer can not be used? Thanks.

Once the new sat is operational and everything is working the way it eventually will, NO you cannot diplex your signals any longer.
Sorry ...
However D* has an item they have been beta testing for awhile now, that WILL allow you to run the HD DVR (2 tuners, two lines) with only one line.
This may help you out, however there is no release date as of yet for the item to be purchased/ leased , not sure how it's going to work, maybe it' free, no one knows yet.
It's called SWM , theres alot of info floating around about it, if you care to inquire.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Yes you can diplex your ota as long as you use a diplexer with a signal pass through rating of 2.4 GHZ no less would be a good idea to make sure your wall plates and ground block barrels are rated the same otherwise your mpg4 will not pass through properly

Yes you can diplex your ota as long as you use a diplexer with a signal pass through rating of 2.4 GHZ no less would be a good idea to make sure your wall plates and ground block barrels are rated the same otherwise your mpg4 will not pass through properly

I don't think soooo .....
At least not AFTER the new sat gets lit up, or youn have a SWM set up.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts