Latest Eastern Arc Satellite Issue Update

Just got off the phone with the Dish tech person and they said Louisville HD locals are on 72.7 but they will be going back on 77 when they get it working but they do not know when that will be.

I wouldn't think they would be quick to throw things back over to E8 just yet. I would think they would let things ride for a week just to make sure.

Is there any way I can configure my equipment to use 72 instead of 77 while the Louisville HD channels are there?

You would have to repoint your dish that's located at the 77 location to the 72.7 then run a check switch on the receivers. Probably best to wait unless you have some experience with dish pointing. And not to mention the winter storm thats headed your way.

Is there any way I can configure my equipment to use 72 instead of 77 while the Louisville HD channels are there?

I am in Oldham CO and can tell you that the PQ Thur my cheap antenna kills the PQ from dish For wave3, whas 11, Wlky 32 and WDRB 41.

I would buy an antenna :)

I am in Oldham CO and can tell you that the PQ Thur my cheap antenna kills the PQ from dish For wave3, whas 11, Wlky 32 and WDRB 41.

I would buy an antenna :)

I currently have a 40 mast with an aerial, but have a big hill just across the drive right in the path to the broadcast towers in the knobs. I have gotten signal from them in the past, but it is never consistent. I currently have the antenna pointed north.

I currently have a 40 mast with an aerial, but have a big hill just across the drive right in the path to the broadcast towers in the knobs. I have gotten signal from them in the past, but it is never consistent. I currently have the antenna pointed north.

Darn hill!

What kind of dish setup do you have? (61.5,72,77)

Darn hill!

What kind of dish setup do you have? (61.5,72,77)

My installation summary shows 110, 119, & 129 (used to show 77 before my last check switch). I believe I have a Dish 500 pointed at the western arc with a wing pointed at 77. I am considering pointing the wing to 72 per aaronwt6's suggestion. Someone earlier in this thread or another one said that the wing should see both of them becaulse they are in the eastern arc, but I don't see 72 when I do a check switch.

I have a Western Arc setup and a Wing on 77 for QCA HD Locals. When the locals went out on Sunday, I assumed my dish got bumped or something, so I went out and started messing with it. Then I got on here and realized it wasn't my dish at all. But since I was already probably off the 77 signal (because I was moving the dish), yesterday I moved the wing from 77 to 72 (my dish is pretty easy to access). The one wierd thing though, when I moved the dish to 72, my signal meter showed it as 77 still. I ran a Check Switch test, and it installed 72 as the Wing in place of 77. But on the Signal Meter screen, with satellite 72 selected, it still said "Locked - Wrong Sat - Echostar 77" or whatever the message is. So the Signal Meter thought it was 77, but the Switch Test knew it was 72. Exited out, downloaded a Guide, and have my HD locals back until they get moved back.

Whenever they switch them back to 77, I'll have to do it again, but thought since I was most likely already off 77 in the first place, figured I'd get it fixed for the time being.

I have a Western Arc setup and a Wing on 77 for QCA HD Locals. When the locals went out on Sunday, I assumed my dish got bumped or something, so I went out and started messing with it. Then I got on here and realized it wasn't my dish at all. But since I was already probably off the 77 signal (because I was moving the dish), yesterday I moved the wing from 77 to 72 (my dish is pretty easy to access). The one wierd thing though, when I moved the dish to 72, my signal meter showed it as 77 still. I ran a Check Switch test, and it installed 72 as the Wing in place of 77. But on the Signal Meter screen, with satellite 72 selected, it still said "Locked - Wrong Sat - Echostar 77" or whatever the message is. So the Signal Meter thought it was 77, but the Switch Test knew it was 72. Exited out, downloaded a Guide, and have my HD locals back until they get moved back.

Whenever they switch them back to 77, I'll have to do it again, but thought since I was most likely already off 77 in the first place, figured I'd get it fixed for the time being.

You would have to clear the switch matrix by un-hooking the system from the dishes & run ck switch. Then re-run it after hooking it back up for it to understand everything correctly.

My installation summary shows 110, 119, & 129 (used to show 77 before my last check switch). I believe I have a Dish 500 pointed at the western arc with a wing pointed at 77. I am considering pointing the wing to 72 per aaronwt6's suggestion. Someone earlier in this thread or another one said that the wing should see both of them becaulse they are in the eastern arc, but I don't see 72 when I do a check switch.

Looks like you have 1k2 dish(110/119/129) w/ a wing dish from what you have shown us here. You might want to talk to one of the E* people here about being migrated to EA using a 1k4 dish.

Looks like you have 1k2 dish(110/119/129) w/ a wing dish from what you have shown us here. You might want to talk to one of the E* people here about being migrated to EA using a 1k4 dish.

Thanks for the advice. I really don't know much about the different dishes & satellites. Do I need to switch to the 1k4 dish to access 72? What else will I get from switching from a 1k2 to a 1k4? Thanks again

Wouldn't Ecostar or Dish need to file an SEC document if the bird was messed up?

I believe you are referring to an 8K. In most circumstances those are required within 4 business days of the triggering events but this does not fit into the normal categories which means that the four day window does not apply.

Form 8-K

Wouldn't Ecostar or Dish need to file an SEC document if the bird was messed up?

Dish usually includes a section in the quarterly reports and annual reports about the satellite malfunctions. I do not think they will have to do any special notice on this since they are still providing service and it does not impact revenue in any meaningful way. Perhaps if they have to declare E8 a complete failure they might have to say something, but they will not be able to do that until they test for a long time. I suspect they will get E8 running with a backup of whatever broke.

All this is way over my head, and my local HD channels are still out (Cincinnati). Is there anything I need to do or will they eventually come back online? I do have a wing dish for my locals and I assume it's pointed at 71.