Latest genie and latest client genie system

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well after waiting all around his boss never showed up, I got his company name for the supervise and the install tech and I called them and after explains to adcomm why I needed that info they refused to give it to me. I called direct tv last night after the guy did not show up by 10 pm as I skipped going to the gym and had my half brother pick up my sister from the airport so I could be around for when the guy shows up, he never managed to show up for whatever reason the case may be for why he condo not show up direct tv was very nice about and I am supposed to get a call back from there "escalation" department and waiting on hold for a good 30 minutes while they "checked there resources in the field in my area " I finally got an tech on Friday to come out and the "escalation" department put it under the warranty they have so I would not have to pay for the tech visit, now hopefully the tech they send out has installed a wired deca and know what it is used for
Why would you wait around? Did you have an appointment time set?
Why would you set an appointment with all that personal stuff you had to do...Go to the gym. Run to the airport?
Look I have to ask these things. I was a tech....For 12 years. I cannot begin to count how many times people would tell me they had other things going on and would be in a hurry. They claim they "told the satellite company"...or they forgot about their appointment....Ask them to reschedule for a more convenient time? NO WAY.. But they wanted me to hurry through the job....Look, I am not blaming you. However, this appointment thing? It is a two way street. TV is no different than the painter, electrician or the plumber. You tell one of them, they have to hurry because you decided to multi task that day, they are taking a walk.
Here. this will relieve your stress. Call directv get the escalation dept on the phone. Explain the issue. DEMAND someone show up and CALL before they head for your home....Get an APPOINTMENT time.....Clear out your day.. At least 4 hours of unencumbered time. Let the guy get the work done. Tell him to clean ( I cannot believe the last guy left a mess. That to me is grounds for instant termination) up after himself. Make sure he tests the system to make sure ALL of the tv's function normally.
You are asking for something quite simple. That is a good customer service experience. That is not too much to ask.

Thank you...I was getting weary of the doubting Thomas to whom you responded.
The doubting Thomas would be me. Many people post here with a "throw it against the wall and see what sticks" approach. Why should we believe a post someone makes with absolutely no substantiation? With Scott's post there is now some verification.

Here is the update they sent to techs regarding HR34's.

Engineering has resolved the software issues with the HR34 that impacted the responsiveness of that STB, so sites can once again begin stocking technicians’ trucks with that model to be used interchangeably as part of non-4K Genie field inventory.

Since the issues are resolved via a new software download, it is essential that when installing an HR34, technicians follow their BAU procedure of force-downloading software on IRDs being installed in customers’ homes. More information on forcing software downloads can be foundon the DOCK. As Engineering has determined this is not a hardware problem, there is no need to swap customers’ HR34s to solve for menu or guide slowness, and technicians should pursue normal troubleshooting procedures for any other issues.

With HR34s having been held at local site locations since mid-January, aging was suspended on the affected inventory. As such, aging suspension will end on March 1 as the hardware is reintroduced to on-truck inventory.

We appreciate your patience as we worked to ensure that all of our products provide a superior customer experience.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts