latest superdish install confusion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

runningman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2003
I was called today by E*, to notify me that my 12/16 install of SD was postpone "due to manpower unavailability". I live south of Albany, NY and when i called them back to confirm the new 1/18 date today, I took the opportunity to ask them what size pipe I should use for the SD install since E* moved the albany locals to 121. I previously installed a type II sized pole(2 3/8) back in november prior to the shifting of channels strategy E * has embarked on. Video62(thanks) was helpful in notifying me about a Petra adapter if i needed to reduce down in pipe diameter.
My question is this the CSR i spoke with today told me that the Type I metal dish is too heavy for a pole mount and that a tripod mount would have to be used for the install. Does this sound correct? Can anyone who has installed a type one dish confirm that the pole mount is a no-go? How heavy is that puppy?

runningman said:
I was called today by E*, to notify me that my 12/16 install of SD was postpone "due to manpower unavailability". I live south of Albany, NY and when i called them back to confirm the new 1/18 date today, I took the opportunity to ask them what size pipe I should use for the SD install since E* moved the albany locals to 121. I previously installed a type II sized pole(2 3/8) back in november prior to the shifting of channels strategy E * has embarked on. Video62(thanks) was helpful in notifying me about a Petra adapter if i needed to reduce down in pipe diameter.
My question is this the CSR i spoke with today told me that the Type I metal dish is too heavy for a pole mount and that a tripod mount would have to be used for the install. Does this sound correct? Can anyone who has installed a type one dish confirm that the pole mount is a no-go? How heavy is that puppy?

Methinks you got a newbie CSR, it's time to play Echostar CSR roulette.

Type I pole mount is the way to go!

Hey we are mounting type I's on poles daily i think the CSR means they are too heavy for common house side or roof mounting you think the type i is heavy the type II is 20 lbs more

i'd stop messing with CSR's and get ahold of a local retailer!

If Dish Network would stop with the CSR and DNSC "bs" and let the retailers handle things like direct tv and pegasus do there would be much less problems and confusion (my 2.3 cents there !)

rock

I thought I had to go through dish to get the superdish. Any tips on picking out a local retailer? I don't know anyone else local who has E*, most use cable. For the three years i've been with E* , i've used E* directly as i don't know any of the local retailers in my area. I can find them on E*'s website but did not have any experience with any of them. The local that E* used for my dish 500 install did not do a good job.
Thanks for the reply's. I'll order the PETRA adapter for the 2 3/8 inch pole i have in the ground and wait.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)