Latino MAX HD channel switches

Jonhern

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
Rhode Island
Have not seen this posted elsewhere, but all the platinum channels in Dish Latino Max HD have switched, they are in the 300 range now instead of the 5300 range with the other hd channels. The good thing is that we now are getting CI and some other channels, but annoying since this will most likely screw up some timers.

Also, whats up with CNBC World, the website is listing it as an HD channel?

Spanish Satellite Channels - Satellite Channels - DISH Network

Also Fox Sports ESP, I don't see the HD channel for that either. Are these getting added?

Last edited:
Have not seen this posted elsewhere, but all the platinum channels in Dish Latino Max HD have switched, they are in the 300 range now instead of the 5300 range with the other hd channels. The good thing is that we now are getting CI and some other channels, but annoying since this will most likely screw up some timers.

Also, whats up with CNBC World, the website is listing it as an HD channel?

Spanish Satellite Channels - Satellite Channels - DISH Network

Yes, I noticed that today. About time they did this. Now if we could only get the mapdowns to the regular HD channels, the package would be complete. :)

Yes, I noticed that today. About time they did this. Now if we could only get the mapdowns to the regular HD channels, the package would be complete. :)

Yeah that would be nice, but I would not like it at this point, I would have to change all my timers if they did that.

Also, it looks like they just put the wrong logos on the site for those two channels, I think fox sports esp is supposed to be FSCHD, and CNBC World should just be CNBC, since we have those but are not listed in that table on the website. But Fox sports is also listed in Dos, which i thought did not have FSC, so IDK at this point, lol.

Yes, they did. They also have National Geographic, that's a pretty nice package but I need Espn and Disney. :(

yeah, and i need BBCA, and espn as well. Just remember someone posting in the past that Max was the cheapest way to get FSCHD, but now Dos is since its $13 cheaper per month. Odd that it has DisneyXD but not HD.

yeah, and i need BBCA, and espn as well. Just remember someone posting in the past that Max was the cheapest way to get FSCHD, but now Dos is since its $13 cheaper per month. Odd that it has DisneyXD but not HD.

That was me. ;)

Dos does not have ESPN or ESPN2 and so most English speaking soccer fans would want MAX.

If you are a fluent Spanish speaker, you probably are going to watch the World Cup on Univision-HD, rather than ESPN-HD, so Dos is then fine... unless you also wanted to see the NBA playoffs...

Clearly, ESPN and ESPN2 cannot be in a package as low priced as Dos, simply because those are the two most expensive channels.

PS I had not noticed that the Latino Platinum HD had moved, because I canceled Platinum at the same time that it moved, so I thought they were missing because I canceled them...

I just noticed the move today. The Platinum channels are in the 3xx now just like in the English packages.

Yes, ESPN and Disney are expensive channels and DOS is a low priced package. I still think that DOS is a nice package but not for me, I need Espn and my daughter needs Disney.

I just noticed the move today. The Platinum channels are in the 3xx now just like in the English packages.
In case it is not clear - as of today, the Platinum HD that you can add to Dish Latino HD is the English Platinum package.

They decided to simplify.

Now I wish they would do the same with the other Dish Latino HD channels....

Yeah that would be nice, but I would not like it at this point, I would have to change all my timers if they did that

Now I wish they would do the same with the other Dish Latino HD channels....

Same here.

Jonhern,

When they mapdown the channels, if they ever do it, the 53xx channels will remain in the guide so it shouldn't affect you.

Is there a way to get the NFL network with the Latino Max package? I do not see NFL network listed in the multisport package addon, only nfl redzone. Other than that it has all the channels I would want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)