Latino max package and the EA

kikenovic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Somewhere in time
Hi guys,

First I want to say thank you for such magnificent forum.

Here's my problem,

This morning I switched from AT200 to Latino Max.

The latino channels came up no problem, almost all of the SD american channels came up, FSC on 149 and Boomerang on 175 remained green but they activated on the 800's neighborhood. The simulcasts in HD disappeared.
The channels on the Multi Sports pack were unaffected.

After a tech support chat, a re-hit and unplugging the receiver, the channels remained in green and no HD simulcasts on sight.
After that, he suggested me to look at channel 4900, nothing on my guide shows in that neighborhood, but I noticed all my HD channels were showing up fine in the 5300's range

After that, he suggested me to have the receiver replaced and then I closed the chat window.

I prefer to ask the gurus at Satguys first before I take any further steps.
Technically I'm getting everything I'm supposed to get, it's just the inconvenience of having the channels scattered around.

Is that the way is supposed to be on Eastern Arc? Did Dish forgot to program something?

I'm under the impression things will go back to normal if I switch back to any of the american packages. Like I said, NFL network, NBATV, NHL are fine (HD channel next to the SD channel)

Thanks.

That's the way the Latino channels are on the Western and Eastern Arcs. I always hated that about Dish Network, why not just keep them in the same channels as the American packages?

Ouch !

At least I know I don't have to return the receiver, as I suspected.

Why I'm not surprised the tech support didn't know that?

Oh well, time to create a new favorites list.

Btw, congrats on the WS title !!!

It's no biggie. You get used to it after a while. Just make a customized guide display using the TV channel lineup for Dish Latino...

http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/Channel-Lineup/OnlineChannel_Latino.pdf

Thanks, it never crossed my mind to look for that chart, I was looking at a different chart indeed. It'll make my job easier when setting up the customized guide. I'll remove repeated, public interest and shopping channels :) (something I had the intention to do but never did).

I guess they don't expect customers to switch from AT packs.

Thanks, it never crossed my mind to look for that chart, I was looking at a different chart indeed. It'll make my job easier when setting up the customized guide. I'll remove repeated, public interest and shopping channels :) (something I had the intention to do but never did).

I guess they don't expect customers to switch from AT packs.

Yeah, I don't think there are many subscribers who have switched between the Dish Latino and AT packages. When I first signed up for Dish, my package was Dish Latino Max HD, so I had no clue about the HD channel map-downs. I assumed everyone had their HD channels up in the 5000's range.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)