LBN question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pidsky

Original poster
Nov 27, 2006
Winnipeg Manitoba
I thank you for information which got me going with FTA a few years ago.

I want to expand to a second room. I currently have Glosat Pro, single LNB, and locally purchased a Digiwave DGL880T dual output LNB. I tried to simply remove the Geosat and install the Digiwave in the same bracket, the fit is pretty much right on, perhaps a slight bit loose. However, I can't get any signal. I was wondering if there is a focal length problem, or if I need to be more patient and persistant with fiddling around trying to get the correct orientation in the bracket. Perhaps I need a longer/shorter bracket, or should I abandon this and buy a dual output LNB fron Glorystar?

Second question, I was given a Viewsat VS 200 Ultra receiver which I had hoped to use, but it does not seem to have the right frequencies for Galaxy 19? The company appears to be gone, so I can't attempt an update. Perhaps this receiver was not meant to work with FTA frequencies???

Am I looking at a new receiver and dual LNB such as Glorystar sells? I bought the current system with a 39 inch dish and a Fortec Star receiver. Should it be hooked on to the computer for a firmware update? It appears to be working just fine. I am pretty much a greenhorn at this and am not too technically familiar with this equipment. I am not looking to cause myself and additional headaches, but would like to expand into one more room.

I look forward to your help, and thank you for it in advance.

pidsky

I thank you for information which got me going with FTA a few years ago.

I want to expand to a second room. I currently have Glosat Pro, single LNB, and locally purchased a Digiwave DGL880T dual output LNB. I tried to simply remove the Geosat and install the Digiwave in the same bracket, the fit is pretty much right on, perhaps a slight bit loose. However, I can't get any signal. I was wondering if there is a focal length problem, or if I need to be more patient and persistant with fiddling around trying to get the correct orientation in the bracket. Perhaps I need a longer/shorter bracket, or should I abandon this and buy a dual output LNB fron Glorystar?

Is the new LNB a Universal LNB? I could only find a DGL880TU (which is a universal linear) on Digiwave's website. If so, you have to set it up as such in the receiver, as the 22Khz tone is needed to access the frequencies that you want (and would explain why you aren't getting anything if you have it setup as a standard linear LNB).

it is most likely a setting that is wrong in your receivers menu, it might be a universal lnb and/or have a different LO which would require a different LNB frequency setting in your menu....look at the label on the LNB and list all of the specs here....

you can add in TP frequencies manually on your VS Ultra, you can also use the blind scan feature which will program in new TPs automatically for you....it is a decent receiver and well worth using and keeping....

The Viewsat 2000 Ultra can be used very well for True FTA. Many of them out there have eye-patch software loaded in them that make it very difficult to use them for True FTA. If you are not sure what firmware you are running, you can find the latest factory file for it in the downloads section in these forums.

The GeoSatPro LNBFs come in both Standard and Universal models.
You didn't say which you had.
I'd suspect it's Standard. (10750)

I agree that the most likely problem is one of your LNBFs is Standard and the other is Universal.
You'll need to program your receiver accordingly.
Standard is LO=10750, 22khz off (normally)
Universal is LO=10600, 22khz on, but there are receiver options that make it automatic...
(such as just saying Universal 9750/10600, and the receiver auto-sets the 22khz when using the higher LO)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)