ECruzBUD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
SEATTLE, WA.
Hi Folks,
:)

I'm planning to buy the MicroHD satellite receiver, because of demand on Closed
Captioning for the Deaf and hearing impaired. Other satellite receivers, such as
Skybox F3 does NOT support Closed Captioning!!! :mad: I was shocked and demand for
a receiver that support Closed Captioning, so that I can read and hear of what's going
on, on the program. Can't understand it without Closed Captioning.
I do have other satellite receivers that support CC as well, but they're outdated.
And one is Pansat 9200HD is being repair for compositors replacement.

Anyway, when I was researching on MicroHD receiver on the net, I also found
ALL Editor GEOSATpro MicroHD and Media Box Editor Studio MicroHD tools.
I installed them onto my laptop computer, which has Windows XP Pro.

I'm intending to use the MicroHD receiver to be salve with my analog C/Ku band
with splitters and one DsEQC switch.
It works with Pansat 9200HD and Skybox F3. So, it shouldn't be a problem
with MicroHD, but Dreambox 800HD is sucks!!! Not corporating with being slave.

Anyway, hope the MicroHD works with the slaving.

I was exploring on each of the tools, and am wondering how do I edit
channels???

Can anyone help me to understand what to do when open window of All Geosatpro
and Media Box Editor????

How to edit channels, and where to import from??
I like the channel edit part. Hope the tools are easy to use.

Is there still pictures that shows how to use these tools???

I also download a current firmware that's for MicroHD.

Hope my query helps for answers.

Thank you,
ECruzBUD

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

The microHD is the only HD receiver that decodes EIA608/708 Closed Captioning on board for display on the HDMI and RCA outputs. A CC symbol appears on the channel banner screen if the channel is flagged with CC transmission. Occasionally this is wrong, if the broadcaster has the flag turned on, but not transmitting the data.

There are no prebuilt channel lists that are useful as each user can see different satellites and have different size dishes. Not everyone can receive the same channels. It is best to scan the satellite then delete and rearrange the channels internally. If you have extensive editing, the MES editor is the most advanced and there is a manual in the sticky thread above. The ALI Editor is easier to use, but has no user guide. Most basic users do not use a PC based editor, but it is quite easy to save the User Database file from the microHD and play with the editor to change names, delete channels, etc.

Hi SatelliteAV,

Thank you for your respond. I've been with the SatelliteGuys US for a long time. So, this isn't the first time.
But the first time with this MicroHD.

My next question is. is MicroHD has the list of satellite ready to go???
From 61 w to 139 w??? And me not have to install individual satellite that would take forever??

Also, I was a little confused between SatelliteAV and GEOSATPro. I found out when you gave me
the mailing address for me to send you the money order, it turns out to be the same address
and in the same city. And the same web design. I thought that GEOSATPro and SatelliteAV
are separate company in different places???

Thanks,
Eugene
ECruzBUD
Seattle, WA.

The satellite / transponder lists cover satellites from 1w - 139w and most active 24/7 transponders with footprints available in the CONUS for C and KU bands. A Blind Scan will bring in a refreshed transponder list and log the occasional use transponders.

Okay, I'm also hoping that ( if any of you have seen it ) does MicroHD picks up KCWY 13 Casper, WY
TV station??? It's on C-band on Galaxy 16. When I had Pansat 9200HD, before it broke down, I
was able to watch that TV station in Wynomy after I re-scan Galaxy 16.
I think that TV station is DVB-S2 which means the Pansat 9200HD has a 8SPX device inside to
receive DVB-S2 channels.
When I have Skybox F3, it didn't pick up KCWY 13 TV. Maybe Skybox doesn't have it's kind 8SPX device
inside, but it does list the DVB-S2 option. Doesn't mean it would work.

So, have any of you with MicroHD seen KCWY 13 on C-band, digital???
I don't recall which transponder that is on. I didn't pay much attention on that part.

Hope you have answers.
ECruzBUD