Learning Remote won't learn.

jahost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 2, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I purchased a Remote Control 21.0 IR UHF Pro TV2 to be able to turn my Hyperion TV set on and off as I can't find a code that works. I follow the instructions in the manual but it don't work. Any ideas? Any codes for a Hyperion TV? "John"

Last edited:
I understand you don't use codes. I followed the procedure where you point the remote at the learners window etc. did this several times and it does not work. "John"

I purchased a Remote Control 21.0 IR UHF Pro TV2 to be able to turn my Hyperion TV set on and off as I can't find a code that works. I follow the instructions in the manual but it don't work. Any ideas? Any codes for a Hyperion TV? "John"
John,

Does the 21.0 remote need to be set to IR address 1 in order to learn from another remote?

It took me a while to get the hang of the 21.0. Just keep trying, and you'll get there. I ended up having to write down every command from every device that I wanted to control, because you have to program/teach the 21.0 everything all at one time without stopping. A pain, but do-able.

There are some codes they will just not learn. My 21.0 will not turn off my new Onkyo receiver (controlled the old one just fine), but will do everything else. Some off brand TV's they will just not control either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)