Lease 1st receiver & buy 2nd?

MNHTUG

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
We currently lease. We would like to add another receiver to our plan. Can we buy the additional receiver? If so, how much?

Seems to me, when they did our install, we could have purchased additional receivers for $xx each?

I rather lease but you should be able to buy your receiver just call Voom and find out. :D

For existing customers, you can buy the STB for $299, and then pay a $5/mo additional equipment charge. But bend over....because here it comes. Voom charges existing customers a fee of $199 to install the second receiver. Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger. I have their reply to this question in an e-mail, basically telling me that I should have gotten the second STB up front when I first ordered. Sorry MNHTUG. I think you can agree with me that that policy BLOWS.

At $14.50/mo, the lease route sucks. At $299, the purchase route sucks.

Hate to say it but when the time comes, if the $199 for install is true, I'm dropping them.

Here is the question I sent......

Customer (Michael Stone) - 11/19/2004 06:36 AM
I've been a customer since January 2004, and purchased my STB. With Voom's new offer for multiple receivers, it appears that I can purchase a second receiver for $299, and that includes installation. The second receiver would then be added to my account, and I would pay $5 per month for it to be active with my VaVaVoom package, which is currently $79.90 per month.

Pleasse let me know if this is accurate. Thanks.

and here is the reply....

Response (Scottie T.) - 11/19/2004 02:05 PM
Thank you for contacting VOOM - HDTV Delivered!

Yes, we do have a new offer that is open to new customers agreeing to a 6 month contract. In your case you have already been installed and would incur a $199 fee to install the 2nd receiver as well as the $299 plus tax if applicable for the purchase of the receiver. This is why I have always strongly recommended getting them all at once to avoid that $199 fee to send a technician out again for installation.

Please feel free to contact us again should to have any questions or concerns. Thank you again for choosing VOOM - the leader in High Definition Programming!

James T.
VOOM E-Mail Support

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts