voom receiver reboots when tuned to pbs-hd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I just checked channel 28.1 KCET...... the reboot problem still occurs in the South Bay Los Angeles area....

stevej27 said:
I just checked channel 28.1 KCET...... the reboot problem still occurs in the South Bay Los Angeles area....

I have the same problem with PBS 28.1. My signal comes from the transmittor on Mount Wilson and I thought the problem was with the transmittor. No other channel reboots (PBS channel 50.1 comes in fine)...

Anyway, it's good to know what the problem is. Since I have an integrated HD receiver in my TV, I might be able to bypass the Voom receiver although I may need an amplifier to boost the signal from the antenna...

I know this is old, but I haven't been here for a long time. I have the same problem with WQED-Pittsburgh. It would be ok if they multicasted their analog and I would just block out PBS HD, but PBS HD is all WQED transmits!!! The SOBs got an FCC exemption and don't have to duplicate what is on the analog channel :eek:

When WNPB-Morgantown comes in they just multicast 3 SD channels and there is no reboot (too bad I cant receive them all the time). What is very strange is that WNPB is aparently sending data like the PBS stations which transmit the PBS HD channel as the receiver shows 24.1 WNPB, 24.2, WNPB, etc... then there is 24.5 DATA.

Anyway I guess there isn't any PBS for me until WQED multicasts an SD channel. I still miss the VOOM service, but am content with Canada's Express Vu. They have Voom's Equator and Rush on it :cool:

Well it seems there's really only one pbs channel that causes problems for me....although there is something else from another network that doesn't even have video that might be the same...

anyway two dozen or so channels for free isn't that bad (especially with a 20+ year old inside antenna!)

If I had say a full fledged hdtv with a outdoor antenna it might be better but the price I paid was pretty cheap 100 or so for the box w/ shipping

Well This morning I rescanned for the first time in about 6 months and was surprised to find I was finally able to pick up the local PBS from New Haven then I was dismayed when my Voom Box started to reboot. Then I remembered Sat Guys and wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem. Sure enough I wasn't alone. Hopefully my new D* HDrec/ wDVR will be able to pick up the signal as good as the Voom receiver. The install is supposed to happen in the next couple of hours.

Oddly enough, I went and did a scan tonight. I'm no longer having reset problems with PBS HD, but I've lost PBS SD. Channel scan isn't finding it.

Oddly enough, I went and did a scan tonight. I'm no longer having reset problems with PBS HD, but I've lost PBS SD. Channel scan isn't finding it.
Hmmm... KAET must have the TV Guide private stream turned off.
You should still be getting 8.2, but it is no longer the PBS SD channel - as of Feb 1, 8.2 is "Create".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)