This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Lease 622 w/o Metallic HD pak?

yaz96

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
Can you lease a 622 for $299 without switching to a Metallic HD pak?

I currently have the HD + Voom deal for $15.00 a month, and right now the 2 extra channels do nothing for me, so would like to stick with my current deal.
I would like the additional HD recording time of an additional HD receiver. (currently OWN a 942, purchased in November!)

Thanks!

Rob

What if you purchase a 211/622 and don't wish to subscribe to a DishHD package at this time...will you be required to pay the $6 HD enabling fee in addition to a $6 HD receiver fee, and $5.98 HD DVR fee (622)?

My understanding (which could be wrong) is that the $6 HD enabling fee is to allow you to receive OTA channels (it is waived if you subscribe to a metallic package). If you don't want the OTA tuner activated, you don't have to pay the fee.

randyj said:
My understanding (which could be wrong) is that the $6 HD enabling fee is to allow you to receive OTA channels (it is waived if you subscribe to a metallic package). If you don't want the OTA tuner activated, you don't have to pay the fee.
Ok, let's say (as in my case) that I already subscribe to an AT package w/locals, HD Pak, VOOM HD Pak, and am happy with the current service...just want a non-doorstop HD DVR (622). If I were to add a purchased 622 to my current subscription, I would have to pay a $6 HD receiver fee, plus $5.98 DVR (waived with AT180) and another $6 HD Enabling Fee in order to receive free OTA...in addition to the $5 locals fee I am already needlessly paying because I need the program guide data for my 942 and 811?

Confused.

Last edited:

No, you wouldn't have to pay that much. I purchased my 622 and I have AT120 with locals plus the old HD pack and Voom and get all of my HD locals via OTA. I don't pay the $6 HD fee or lease fee. My bill is for AT120, locals, HD pack, Voom, and the $5.95 DVR fee. I believe the $6 HD fee is if you don't sub to a metallic package and want to get OTA.

The $5.98 DVR fee is not waived with the AT180 anymore.