Lease fee and Self Installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sataniko

Original poster
Aug 24, 2008
Hello, to all,

I'm a current Dish Network subscriber, but I'm getting a little tired of Dish dropping my favorite channels and raising prices, so I'm seriously considering switching to Directv.

I only need one receiver connected, do you guys know if I'll will have to pay for a lease fee? Also, do you think Directv will allow me to install the dish and receiver myself. I've done this for Dish network a couple of times and it is fairly easy.

I'm interested in just a the basic plan no HD/DVR which is advertised for $19.99 for the first year with free equipment, but I want to make sure there are no extra or hidden charges.

Thank you in advance for your help.

The $4.99 lease fee replaced the $4.99 additional receiver or mirroring fee which they had earlier. It does not apply to the first receiver on the account. As a new subscriber, you should be eligible for up to 4 free receivers (plus upgrade to HD or DVR on one of them if you wish) plus free dish and installation. When I switched from Dish to Directv in 2003, I self-installed, but had to pay for the equipment ($50 for a standard/receiver and dish combo at Best Buy).

Although install is easy for some, as a new subscriber, I would just let DirecTV install it as there is no cost to you.

On your montly bill you will see a $4.99 charge for the first reciever but then a credit for the $4.99 canceling the fee out. Tlheir are no "hidden" fee's that I have seen on my bill and I watch all my bills very carfully.

Thank you for your help.

I guess I'm good since I won't be charged the $4.99 lease fee for my only receiver. I just don't want to have any surprises on my bill, if they advertise $29.99 for a package that's all I'm willing to pay, nothing extra.

Thanks again.

Although install is easy for some, as a new subscriber, I would just let DirecTV install it as there is no cost to you.

On your montly bill you will see a $4.99 charge for the first reciever but then a credit for the $4.99 canceling the fee out. Tlheir are no "hidden" fee's that I have seen on my bill and I watch all my bills very carfully.

My bill has no $4.99 charge/credit.

Thank you for your help.

I guess I'm good since I won't be charged the $4.99 lease fee for my only receiver. I just don't want to have any surprises on my bill, if they advertise $29.99 for a package that's all I'm willing to pay, nothing extra.

Thanks again.

The only extra Costs will be Taxes (County, State, Federal (FCC)) If you get the Free DVR there will be a DVR Access fee $9.99 or the Free HD rec. a HD Access Fee of $9.99 extra a month. If you just get a Standard Def Rec. The only "extra" Cost will be taxes and there is absolutely no way around that.

Do you have taxes on satellitr service? What package are you getting for $29.99?

Here in Florida i pay $32 a month in taxes to directv. ridiculous. it also seems to me that i pay more on taxes with D than E. with E i pay 13.50 a month for taxes while D is $32. why?

Thanks to everyone,

In my Dish Network statement there's no mention of taxes anywhere just the Dish Package + Locals at $32.99.

I will call Directv this week, but I just wanted to find out this information before calling in the case that I would be discouraged by it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts