Lease fee w/DVR Advantage

luckycat

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
Michigan
16 months ago I used Dish-n-it-Up or whatever to get a 622. About 3-4 months ago, or whenever it was introduced, I switched to the DVR Advantage plan. I recently reviewed my bill. With DVR Advantage, and just one receiver on the account (again, 622) I'm paying a $6 lease fee every month. I thought that the lease fee would be waived for the first primary DVR, and basically the DVR Advatage would cover the lease fee & DVR fee?

I just searched the forums here and that seems to be the case.. I called customer support TWICE today to ask them to remove that lease fee..they said that since I used dish-it-up to get the 622 I agree to the $6 lease fee - FOREVER. Does this sound like a case for ceo@dishnetwork.com?

16 months ago I used Dish-n-it-Up or whatever to get a 622. About 3-4 months ago, or whenever it was introduced, I switched to the DVR Advantage plan. I recently reviewed my bill. With DVR Advantage, and just one receiver on the account (again, 622) I'm paying a $6 lease fee every month. I thought that the lease fee would be waived for the first primary DVR, and basically the DVR Advatage would cover the lease fee & DVR fee?

I just searched the forums here and that seems to be the case.. I called customer support TWICE today to ask them to remove that lease fee..they said that since I used dish-it-up to get the 622 I agree to the $6 lease fee - FOREVER. Does this sound like a case for ceo@dishnetwork.com?

I just found my original email from ceo@dishnetwork.com, who helped me switch to DVR Advantage in the first place - that person confirmed that I would NOT be charged a lease fee for the receiver. So I'm just emailing them again to correct this.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I had to email ceo@dishnetwork.com to get it fixed. They removed all of the fees after i switched. Even then i got charged the next month. Then I called back and regular CSR saw the notes from ceo@dishnetwork.com and removed it.

I had several arguments with CSRs the first time and they also told me i agreed to keep paying the lease fee forever. I said i wanted to send back my 622 and get a new one and they wouldn't do that. I said then i would cancel my service and signup again with my wife's name and they would then have to give me the same plan without the fee and they didn't know what to say. But i couldn't watch all of the stuff on my 622 so i couldn't actually try that.
So i just emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com and they agreed with me about the fee.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I had to email ceo@dishnetwork.com to get it fixed. They removed all of the fees after i switched. Even then i got charged the next month. Then I called back and regular CSR saw the notes from ceo@dishnetwork.com and removed it.

I had several arguments with CSRs the first time and they also told me i agreed to keep paying the lease fee forever. I said i wanted to send back my 622 and get a new one and they wouldn't do that. I said then i would cancel my service and signup again with my wife's name and they would then have to give me the same plan without the fee and they didn't know what to say. But i couldn't watch all of the stuff on my 622 so i couldn't actually try that.
So i just emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com and they agreed with me about the fee.

Thanks for your information..I received a reply from the person at ceo@dishnetwork who said that a mistake was made - since I used DishItUp I would have the lease fee forever. I'm going to email back to see if they would consider dropping this.

I have DVR advantage and a 622 that I received using DishinItUp. I don't have a lease fee on my bill. I did not have dvr advantage before upgrading to HD.

I have DVR advantage and a 622 that I received using DishinItUp. I don't have a lease fee on my bill. I did not have dvr advantage before upgrading to HD.

Thanks...turns out they are saying they won't budge on this, that is the plan in place.. I have been thinking of dropping Dish anyway in favor of simply OTA HDTV, which is what I watch anyway..along with either a Media Center PC or HD Tivo or something. Not that this is the straw to break the camels back but it certainly pushes me in that direction.

they should drop it

heck it should've happenend automatically

really lame that people who diu'd before they stopped charging the lease fee are still paying for it

i diu'd after the change, but i feel for you guys ;)

they should drop it

heck it should've happenend automatically

really lame that people who diu'd before they stopped charging the lease fee are still paying for it

i diu'd after the change, but i feel for you guys ;)

Okay, now you guys have piqued my interest. Sorry if this comes across as trying to hijack a thread. The whole conversation that is here left me with questions, but it is directly tied to this thread, so I will ask.

We did a DIU to High Def back in August. We currently have a 722 and a 625. Our bill shows $5 Additional Receiver Access Fee, $47.99 Digital Home Advantage Top 200 with Locals, $11.96 DVR Service Fee, $20 HD Programming, and $14.99 HBO.

We have considered switching to the DVR Advantage to save the $3.98 or whatever we would save. However, we are getting the 6 months of HD free, so we didn't want to mess until that was done (we are on month 5 credit wise, so we figured we would wait to change so there would be no issue of losing the credit if they do that).

After reading this thread, I am not completely convinced we should switch as they will hit us with a lease fee (which is not on there now). Am I misunderstanding what you guys are talking about? Would they start charging us a lease fee if we switched to the DVR Advantage???

Thanks in advance,
Geoff

no they wouldn't start charging a lease fee

the op thought the lease fee would have gone away with the advantage, but the lease fee should have been dropped when they stopped charging it on 1 receiver a couple months ago

the 2 are unrelated

no they wouldn't start charging a lease fee

the op thought the lease fee would have gone away with the advantage, but the lease fee should have been dropped when they stopped charging it on 1 receiver a couple months ago

the 2 are unrelated

Ok. Thanks. I just wanted to make sure that it was a good deal to go with the DVR Advantage when we decide (or if) to switch so that we are actually saving money and not getting hit with higher fees.

Geoff

I lease both a 622 AND a 722. I have DVR Advantage. I only pay a lease fee for the 2nd unit and a DVR fee on just that one as well. This is AT 200 including locals for $49.99 (before additional charges on the 2nd unit, HD pack & premiums).

Ed

Ok, so I did the DIU program for a 622 in April of 06. I changed to the DVR Advantage when it became available. Should I still be paying the $6 lease fee? If not, can I just call customer service and tell them to remove it?
I never heard that if you got DVR Advantage that they would waive the lease fee. Just the DVR fee. Thanks

if you only have 1 receiver and are paying a lease fee, you should not be.

but this is not related to the dvr advantage. it's a change to diu policy

ok well then it's no problem

you could make the 622 your primary receiver and save a whoping $1 a month

if you only have 1 receiver and are paying a lease fee, you should not be.

but this is not related to the dvr advantage. it's a change to diu policy

According to the person @ ceo@dishnetwork.com - true UNLESS you took advantage of DIU for the 622 and agreed to a $6 leave fee at that time..the boat I'm in.. DVR Advantage covers the DVR fee & programming, but not the lease fee.

If a new customer, lease fee for primary receiver & DVR fee are both included.

So right this is related to DIU not DVR Advantage, apparently.

Lease fee has never been included in DVR Advantage. It is part of DIU.

From DVR Advantage Terms & Conditions (Not DIU) from the Dish Network site, retrieved 12/3...it seems to specifically state that for one receiver on the account the rental/lease fee and DVR fee is covered. I couldn't see any language that said "unless you took advantage of Dish-n-it-Up"...

Covering the rental/lease fee...
Equipment Rental Fee: An equipment rental fee of $6 per month (in the case of a model 411, ViP211, ViP222, ViP612 DVR, AT&T Homezone 622HZ DVR, ViP722 DVR, or ViP622 DVR receiver) or $5 per month (in all other cases) for the first receiver activated is included in the promotional base programming package price.

Covering the DVR fee...
DISH Network DVR Service Fee: A $5.98 per month DISH Network DVR service fee will be charged to your account for each model 510, 522, 625, ViP612 DVR, ViP622 DVR, ViP722 DVR, AT&T Homezone 622HZ DVR, or 1022 receiver activated. This fee will not apply with respect to one such receiver if you subscribe to DishDVR Advantage and will be waived if you subscribe to America’s “Everything” Pak

Did anyone ever find out what the last word on this was? On the upgrade I just did (got a 522 instead of the 625 I paid for, but that's a matter for the exec office), the agreement paper I received with it (dated 11/07), it also says essentially the same thing luckycat posted (1st receiver is included in the package price). I was paying the 5.00 lease fee on the 510 that I had until now...is that going to carry over despite what the agreement says?

Did anyone ever find out what the last word on this was? On the upgrade I just did (got a 522 instead of the 625 I paid for, but that's a matter for the exec office), the agreement paper I received with it (dated 11/07), it also says essentially the same thing luckycat posted (1st receiver is included in the package price). I was paying the 5.00 lease fee on the 510 that I had until now...is that going to carry over despite what the agreement says?
800-333-3474 is the source of your answer. We don't make rules we just post our observations and experiences. What DISH says is still the rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)